Apple Wants To Help You Make The Move From Android

Monday, June 15th, 2015 by | Filed Under: iOS, Quick Tips, Uncategorized

In iOS 9, Apple is adding a feature to help make it easier for Android users to make the switch to an iPhone.  Users will be able to download the Move to iOS app from the Google Play Store and wirelessly transfer their data from their old Android to their new iPhone.

ios9-android-transfer

Contacts, messages, photos, videos, mail, calendars , wallpapers and DRM-free music and books can also be transferred.  The app even compares your current Android apps to iPhone apps. The free apps are automatically downloaded, while the paid apps are added to your wish list in iTunes.

Tags: , , ,

12 Responses to “Apple Wants To Help You Make The Move From Android”

1. karabo says:

I wish I had an Iphone but I support android and the iphone users

2. Frank Whiffen says:

I have a Lumia 920 Smartphone and am quite happy with it. My wife has the Lumia 1020 Smartphone and she says it locks up on her about 1/mo; She texts multiple times daily. I also have the Lumia 2520 11″ tablet with 8.1. The tablet rocks and does axactly what I want to including trading shares on the high-speed trading place. When WIN10 come out, all devices will get it. I am using WIN10 Pro Techincal Preview Evaluation copy, Build 10049. I am very happy with what is shown so far and my PC evens runs a little faster. I do a lot of dynamic charting with multiple layers and over lays. The charts have to be precise to make any money…they are.

3. Nancy Runyon says:

I have a LG Transpyte. I really like this phone. I don’t want an iPhone. I have an iPod. I like it but I have had too much trouble with earlier models. I don’t believe that Apple quality is as good as Android.

4. TYD says:

You’ll not believe it but I have an iPhone 4. It’s about 7 years old. Best phone I’ve ever had. I’m surprised by the battery – it is now about 70% of its old self but the point is it’s the original battery that came with the phone. Otherwise the phone is still perfect. I get another one soon because it will not upgrade to is 8

5. Carole says:

Over the years, I had an iPhone 3GS, an iPhone 4S and now I have an iPhone 6. The only reason I had so many is just because I wanted to update. None every broke or gave me trouble. I absolutely loved every one of them. I also have an iPad and an android tablet as well as a Kindle, and although I’m happy with all of them, I like my Apple products the best. Also, I find Apple’s customer service and their classes the absolute best.

6. James Reed says:

I have an Iphone 5. When it dies, I will not get another Apple phone. The reason is because Apple made it almost impossible to upload songs and ringtones via bluetooth. I can’t even connect to another Iphone via bluetooth. I like the phone other than the reasons stated.

7. Savvy Grandma says:

I have a Samsung Galaxy S4 and I absolutely love it – never any problems. My son and his family have iPhones and they are so loyal to Apple, they disregard problems and the fact that Android has frequently been ahead of Apple in technology.

8. Mike Shyman says:

I have a Samsung Galaxy 4 and my wife has the Galaxy 3. We are both very happy with those phones. I am a heavy user of the smartphone and have many apps installed. I felt that there was no reason to upgrade to the Galaxy 5 or 6 as the Galaxy 4 does everything I need to do. The extra bells and whistles may be fun to have but I love my 4.

9. Frank Kizer says:

I have a Samsung Galaxy Ace 4. I bought it because it’s small and convenient for me to hold in my hand while I’m at the white board explaining math to my college students. It’s also big enough to display my website mobile documents that I have my students follow along while I’m explaining something. Haven’t had any problems with it so far.

10. Dennis Komes says:

I have a Moto X that I Purchased about a year ago. I have always had Motorola products, but have been open to change to either Apple or Samsung. Last year when I decided to update my Droid X2 (yes I know it was long in the tooth), I went into the Verizon store and said,”I have a Droid X2 and am looking to update my phone and am considering either an iPhone 6 or a Galaxy S5, which one will get me the best service in rural areas?” The sales person told me after checking my location that I shouldn’t be getting any service and I told him that I get marginal service on my X2. He told me that neither iPhone or S5 would get me as good of reception as Motorola with the Moto X the best of the bunch at that time. He was right. I receive a little better service than my Droid even when my friends with iPhones and S5s receive no service.

11. Wayne Jacobs says:

I have a Lumia with Windows Phone 8.1 – LOVE IT!! Can’t wait for Windows Mobile 10 this fall!

12. Mark Herb says:

Power to the people! Microsoft keeps it’s customers by introducing the next big thing years. Leaving the old version folks stuck in the middle.