- Worldstart's Tech Tips And Computer Help - http://www.worldstart.com -
Posted By On November 18, 2004 @ 2:28 PM In Uncategorized,Using The Internet | No Comments
Do you ever accidentally click the Maximize button on a program window when you meant to hit Close? Or Close when you wanted to Maximize? Or Maximize when you wanted to Minimize? Or… OK, I guess you get the idea.
If the buttons are bigger, it helps to eliminate this problem. Trust me, ever since I made my buttons bigger, I have lots less digital “accidents.” When people ask me how I got such big icons on my taskbar, I tell them I wipe Miracle Grow on my screen, we laugh, and they generally leave. Well, stick around, here’s how you too, can have big taskbar icons without the use of any fertilizer:
1. Right-click the desktop and select Properties .
2. Select the Appearance tab. (If you’re using XP, hit the Advanced button.)
3. On the ” Item ” drop down box, select Active Title Bar .
4. Next to that drop down box you’ll see a setting for size. Click the little up arrow to make the buttons bigger. Don’t get carried away though. The bigger the buttons, the bigger the title bar.
Oh, one more thing. Before you ask, to get icons to the quick launch toolbar, just drag & drop.
Article printed from Worldstart's Tech Tips And Computer Help: http://www.worldstart.com
URL to article: http://www.worldstart.com/big-buttons/