Karen from Australia writes:
A reader named Barbara asked how to block Facebook posts regarding games and game requests. Could you please give me a detailed description of where to go on Facebook to turn these apps off please? Thanks for all the great hints, they are very much appreciated, Karen.
Barbara from Florida writes:
Is there any way to block Facebook posts regarding games and game requests?
Hi, Karen and Barbara!
I know exactly how you feel! I hate getting all of those game requests, too. Read below to solve this problem.
1. Click on Home to get to the main page of Facebook. This will take you to the page where you see what your friends’ are posting (in the center) and you see ads (on the right).
2. Look to the top right. The first thing you will probably see is the Ticker. This is the list that shows you the actions of your friends. Right below that is an area that lists both the events you are invited to and any app requests. In the picture below, I have my ticker minimized (see the grey arrow right above the 12th Annual Integrit… item?). In the yellow box are my outstanding apps–and like you, I’ve just been ignoring them.
To read the rest of this article, you must be a Premium Member.
- Exclusive members-only content, including tips and special reports.
- Always get the lowest price in the WS Store, with an average of up to 15% off every item.*
- The option to select an ad-free Tech Tips newsletter, sent directly to your email every weekday.
- ...and so much more! Don't miss a thing and get your Premium Membership today!