looking for freeware

Bring Back Windows 7 Games To 8 and 10

Sunday, August 21st, 2016 by | Filed Under: Free Downloads, Windows 10

Missing your Windows 7 games after the upgrade to Windows 10?  Not finding any of the many free games in the Windows store to be an adequate substitute?  We’ve got the solution: You can still download and install those games on Windows 10!

First, click here and you’ll be taken to the download page. But be careful to only click the download for the games. There are plenty of other download links to click on this page and you could end up with a program you don’t necessarily want.  DON’T click that big green Start Download button for InstallFaster. You want to click the link below that for Download Windows 7 games for Windows 7.

win-7-games-dont-click-here

Your browser will probably ask your permission to download the ZIP file to your downloads folder. Once it’s downloaded, double-click to extract. Then okay the extraction.

win7-games-extract

Once the files are extracted, click to launch the installer.

win-7-games-launch-installer

Choose a language.

win7-games-installer-language

Then the Setup Wizard will launch.

install-win7-games

You can choose to select all or some of the games. Once you’ve made your choices, click Install.

win7-games-select

Once the installation is complete, choose Finish.

finish-win-7-games

It will take you to winaero.com and try to convince you to download another program, but you can ignore that and also close the  Program Compatibility Assistant.

win7-games-trouble-shooter

Then click on All Apps in your Start Menu.

all-apps

You’ll find the games under recently added.

win7-games-recently-added

Click the icon for a game to open and you can start playing. I got a warning that I wasn’t authorized to play, but I ignored it and the game worked fine.

win-7-games-no-permission

You can drag the apps to your start tiles or your desktop to create a shortcut there. Or choose to right-click and pin to your taskbar.

Enjoy playing.

Tags: , , ,

9 Responses to “Bring Back Windows 7 Games To 8 and 10”

1. Mark says:

It’s tips like this that keep me renewing my premium membership every year. Two thumbs way up for this one. I can’t thank you enough. I really missed these games. The games from the Microsoft store were a real down grade from these ones.

Thank You.

2. Judy says:

I ran across this download six weeks ago. I have installed the games on several different Windows 10 computers with no issues. But I must admit I was a bit apprehensive in the beginning. I wanted to share this with you all a few weeks ago but the search engine didn’t bring up Winaero’s link again. Installation is very simple, just use caution when choosing the right download.

3. Chris says:

Can I install these games on Windows 7 Professional as I can’t find any of these on my computer?

4. Keith Monson says:

My question is why would you want these games? Unless you spend a lot of time where there is no Internet connection (or expensive internet connection data rates) why would you play these old boring games when you can play great online games that you don’t have to bog down your hard drive with? I play all the “saga” games, “With Friends” games and yes I even play “101 solitaire games” (which you can play online or download for those offline times).

5. Joan says:

I posted this link s-e-v-e-r-a-l weeks ago and I’ve enjoyed the older version of Windows games MUCH more than what’s offered in W-10.

Keith asks: “My question is why would you want these games?” Ummmmm, because they’re better and the graphics are better than the graphics offered in the new operating system?

Isn’t it great YOU enjoy your games and we that like the format that was in W-7 can enjoy those? Just because the older games are not your cup of tea no need to put those of us down who do like the previous games.

6. Earl says:

I was using them on Win-10 with no problem…UNTIL the M$ Anniversary update installed. It removed them, but I reinstalled from the link you gave. They’re all on the start menu now, but nothing happens when I click on any of them. Just a blink maybe, then back to whatever I was doing. Any ideas?

7. Ronald Harris says:

Followed all the steps, after I pressed the Install button nothing happened, it was drawing CPU but nothing. Let it run overnight and still no change in the morning??

• cynthia says:

You shouldn’t let it run overnight. The installation is within seconds if it’s going to happen. Have you checked under recently installed apps to see if it is there?

8. Sharon Matthews says:

Thank you, thank you, thank you for our favorite Windows 7 games. My husband and I like them a lot. We do not download games and such to our pc, but made an exception for these games.