- Worldstart's Tech Tips Newsletter - http://www.worldstart.com -
Blue Screen of Death Precautions
Posted By On May 6, 2009 @ 11:30 AM In System Tune-Up Help | Comments Disabled
Have you ever been rolling along, playing a game, writing an email or just surfing the web when your PC suddenly freezes and you are confronted with the Blue Screen of Death? If this has never happened to you, immediately STOP READING THIS ARTICLE and give thanks to the computer Gods.
If, however, you are like the other PC users I know out there and would like to learn how to recover from and hopefully prevent future windows stop errors or
the “Blue Screen of Death” , please read on.
The first thing to try is to restore your PC to an earlier and hopefully more stable condition.
1. Move the mouse pointer over the “Start” button in the lower left corner of the screen and left click.
2. Move the mouse pointer over “All Programs” a menu window will open.
3. In the new menu move the mouse pointer over the “Accessories” selection. ( Figure 1)
4. In the new menu window that opens move the mouse pointer over “Systems Tools” another menu window will open.
5. In the new menu window move the mouse pointer over the “System Restore” selection.
6. Left click on “System restore”. (Figure 2)
Select “Restore my computer to an earlier time”
Then Left click on Next. (Figure 3)
Left click on any bold date and then a time from the list on the right if there is more than one time listed. If your Blue Screen problem started after you installed a new program or added a new printer, scanner or other device, choose a restore date prior to that change.
Confirm that the “Selected restore point” is the one you want Then Left click on
“Next” to start the process. (Figure 5)
The system restore process can take several minutes.
Reboot when the restore process is complete.
Note: The restore process does not cause you to lose any personal files and is completely reversible.
Article printed from Worldstart's Tech Tips Newsletter: http://www.worldstart.com
URL to article: http://www.worldstart.com/bsod-precautions/