Tech Tips Home
The Best Tech Tips And Daily Deals
Newsletter On The Internet!

WorldStart Tech Tip And Store Search
Email: Password: Login Remember Me

Like what you see here? Subscribe to the Tech Tips newsletter!   Email: Subscribe

Can I Charge My Phone Overnight?

Monday, May 4th, 2015 by | Filed Under: Quick Tips
 
Loading...


Is it okay to leave your phone plugged into charge overnight? Harry from Canton, MI wants to know and he’s not the only person who’s asked that question recently.

 charginglevel

You may have heard that it’s a bad idea to leave your phone plugged in overnight, but truthfully it shouldn’t be an issue. Your phone is smart enough to know when to stop charging once the battery is full and overnight is the one time you don’t need your phone.

You do waste a minimal amount of electricity, but it’s not going to bankrupt you. The total would probably be less than $1 per year. I would advise making sure that you have the charger plugged into a surge protector. I’m paranoid about power surges and electronics. 

~ Cynthia

Tags: , ,

One Response to “Can I Charge My Phone Overnight?”

  1. Suryakant says:

    Before I got a smartphone, I had Nokia cell phone, which I used to charge overnight everyday. After about a year the battery swelled and the lid came off. The repair man told me that due to overcharging the battery swelled and was unusable. I had to replace the battery. I wonder whether this is also applicable to the battery in the new Samsung Galaxy phone. So I do not charge it overnight.
    Further, I am told that it is not wise to wait until the battery completely drains off and also not to charge it full. For longer life of battery, charge it when 20% charge is remaining and then charge up to about 80 % and I am following that.

Leave a Reply


Like these tips? Get them for FREE in your email!

WorldStart's Tech Tips Newsletter

  • Tech Tips Daily - Become a tech pro! Get the very best tech and computer help sent directly to your email every weekday!

  • Tech Tips Weekly - If you don't want our Tech Tips newsletter every day, then sign up for this weekly newsletter to get the best information of the week. Sent on Fridays.

Other Newsletters

  • WorldStart's Daily Deals - Every week, we send out great deals in our Daily Deals newsletter. Many of these deals are exclusively for our Daily Deals newsletter subscribers and can't be found with our regular specials.

  • Just For Grins - Each issue includes a couple clean jokes, some funny quotes, and a hilarious reader's story. Newsletter is sent five days a week.


Enter Email Address:

Subscribe

Your e-mail address is safe with us!
We only use it to send you the newsletters you request. It is NEVER disclosed to a third party for any reason, ever! Plus, if you decided you don't like our newsletters (don't worry, you'll love them), unsubscribing is fast and easy.

Free Newsletter Signup



Tech Tips Daily

Become a tech pro! Get the very best tech and computer help sent directly to your email every weekday!

Tech Tips Weekly

The week's best in tech and computer help. Get your issue sent to your email every Friday!

WorldStart's Daily Deals

The very best deals on the Internet! Get a new set of incredible sales every day of the week!

Just For Grins

Clean jokes, funny quotes, and hilarious comics. Sent 5 times a week straight to your email.


Subscribe


Love Worldstart? Refer A Friend!

WorldStart's Premium Membership

Tip Archive


Categories:
Archives: