- Worldstart's Tech Tips And Computer Help - http://www.worldstart.com -

Change Ruler Units in MS Word

Posted By On April 23, 2010 @ 10:01 AM In MS Word | No Comments

Do you use MS Word’s ruler feature with your documents? (You know… View menu / Ruler choice or View tab of the Ribbon / Ruler checkbox.)

Ever find yourself wishing it was in a different measurement unit? (Let’s say it’s in inches and you want it in centimeters). Or, maybe you weren’t even using the ruler, because the way it measured just isn’t the way you think in terms of distance.

Still wishing for that different ruler scale?


Your wish is Word’s command!

Much to your relief, you can control the measurement units on the ruler with just a couple clicks.

Older versions of Word:

- To start, you need to go to the Tools menu, Options choice.

  • – Now, you’re looking for the General tab.

  • – At the bottom, you’ll need to locate the “measurement units” field.

  • - Use the drop down list to select your measuring preference.

  • – Then click OK.

    Word 2007:

    - In this version of Word we’ll start with the Office Button, Word Options button.

  • – Under the Advanced category of options go to the Display section.

    - Use the drop-down list for the “Show measurements in units of” field to make your selection.

    - Click OK.


    The ruler has been adjusted to your way of thinking.

    Don’t you just love it when everything goes your way?!


Article printed from Worldstart's Tech Tips And Computer Help: http://www.worldstart.com

URL to article: http://www.worldstart.com/change-ruler-units-in-ms-word/