Copy / Paste Keyboard Shortcuts
Since today’s tip revolves around copy and paste I thought I’d take this opportunity to quickly review the keyboard shortcuts for copy / paste and deletion functions.
I’ve also found a keyboard trick in MS Word for moving text around in a document.
So, let’s get to it…
- Ctrl + C = copies the highlighted text to the clipboard**
- Ctrl + V = pastes the clipboard contents into the file
- Ctrl + X = cuts the highlighted text from the document**
- Ctrl + Backspace = deletes one word to the left of the cursor
- Ctrl + Delete = deletes one word to the right of the cursor
And… here’s the key combination for moving text from one location to another in MS Word.
First highlight the text to be moved.**
Then press F2.
Now move to the location where you’d like the text to be inserted.
Finally, press the Enter key.
This last one works well. It’s quick and easy. For those readers who love the keyboard it’s not a bad way to stay away from the mouse and it’s a few less keys than a cut and paste.