- Worldstart's Tech Tips And Computer Help - http://www.worldstart.com -
Disable Mobsync.exe in Windows Vista and 7
Posted By Andrew On July 7, 2010 @ 11:04 AM In Computer Terms | Comments Disabled
At some point, you may have been worried about what that green and yellow icon is doing in the notification area of your Taskbar. The problem is quite common with Windows 7 and Vista users, and is due to Mobsync.exe, which is mostly unnecessary for common users. Unfortunately, it keeps popping up every time you boot your OS, even if you have stopped it from within the task manager. Let us learn more about this process and how to disable it permanently.
What is Mobsync ?
First off, Mobsync poses not threat to your PC. It is a process which belongs to Microsoft Sync Center and the Offline Files feature. The process is generally associated with a SQL Server installation, Windows Mobile with Active Sync, or if you have Internet Explorer, (IE 6 only), it’s configured to sync pages for offline viewing. f you go into Control Panel you can start the program right away and configure it. This is available in Windows Vista and Windows 7.
If it is activated, you’ll see an icon in the Windows Vista and Windows 7 taskbar (refer to screenshot above).
In any case, you probably have no idea how it got turned on and wish to turn it off,
1. Bring up the Task Manager: Right click on the taskbar and select “Start Task Manager“
2. Go to processes tab and then find “mobsync.exe”. Right click on it and select “End Process“.
That is all, but doing this every time you wish to stop the process can be quite frustrating. If you wish to permanently turn it off, follow the steps below.
Disable in Windows 7:
1. Open Start Menu and type “offline files” in the Search Box. Press Enter.
2. Now press the button named “Disable offline files“.
3. You must restart your computer for the new settings to take effect.
Disable in Windows Vista:
1. Open Control Panel and select “Network and Internet“.
2. Click “Offline Files” and the Offline Files dialog opens.
3. Press the top-most button “Disable Offline Files“.
4. Once again you will be prompted to reboot the computer in order to enable the changes to take effect.
Mobsync.exe is mostly useful if you are using the offline files feature. If you are using the Home versions of Windows 7 or Vista then the Offline files feature is unavailable. If this is the case, you need not worry about Mobsync.
Article printed from Worldstart's Tech Tips And Computer Help: http://www.worldstart.com
URL to article: http://www.worldstart.com/disable-mobsync-in-windows-vista-and-7/