“Done, but with errors…”

Friday, March 23rd, 2012 by | Filed Under: Computer Terms, Using The Internet

Paul from Maplewood MN writes:

Sometimes when I visit a web site after it loads I get the message in the bottom left “Done, but with errors” and some things on the site will not work or images will not appear. Whats happening and can anything be done about it?

Have you experienced this problem lately?

Well I’ve got good and bad news for you…

Let’s get the bad news out of the way first.

This is an error in the webpage design code and can only be fixed by its owner.

Unfortunately, until they fix it you won’t be able to access the items that you’ve noticed are not visible or not working properly.

The good news?

If you’ve bumped into this error then don’t panic – the problem doesn’t lie with you or your computer!

Like so many things with a computer – the problem is there but you can’t do a darn thing about it.

~ April

Tags: ,

7 Responses to ““Done, but with errors…””

1. AK Prasad says:

Excellent, I liked it.

2. squeakiemalone says:

THANKS – more knowledge is always good : )

3. al says:

Thanks. I always wondered what that meant

4. BB Turner says:

Excellent information. Thank You.

5. Russ Reed says:

I never concerned myself with this error… much. It’s good to know what is causing it. Now I can comfort the users I help. If this occurs on a site someone is concerned about use the ‘contact us’ link to report it to the owner of the site. Give them my contact info to avoid any future issues. lol.

6. Maryellen says:

I get that same error more and more everyday. The page is mostly blank and it reads “done” in the corner. I thought it might be Internet Explorer on my desktop computer, especially since it occurs more on my desktop computer than my laptop, and my son says he’s never experienced it.

7. Eric Long says:

This is not necessarily server side. I see this error all of the time, and it is 9 times out of ten on the end users side. Try upgrading JAVA or clearing your cache. Also, resetting IE back to factory default can clear this error up.