Welcome to the wonderful world of Facebook! Facebook seems to be the new sensation that’s sweeping the nation. You may have heard many things about it, and it might seem overwhelming but over the next few days, I’m going to show everything you need to know to become a Facebook expert! If you are already a Facebook user, you too will also be able to learn a couple tips and tricks. Today, we’ll be starting with the basics. So what is Facebook, you ask? Facebook is a free social-network website that allows you to join a network of friends, organized by city, school, or workplace. On Facebook, you can add friends, send messages, maintain a personal profile, and so much more!
1. To begin, I’ll show you how to set up your very own Facebook account. Point your browser to www.facebook.com , and you will see this homepage.
2. Enter your full name, email, password, gender, and birthday and click Sign Up. Now, enter the security code, and click Sign Up once again.
3. Next you will be prompted to click on the confirmation link sent to the email address you just provided. Once you click on that link, you will be directed to the following page.
4. Facebook includes a great service, that checks the email addresses in your contact book so you can find friends already listen on Facebook. Enter your email address and email password, and click Find Friends.
5. A whole list of your friends will appear, with their name, picture, and network. Check those who you wish to add on Facebook, and click Add as Friends.
6. Now you can choose which networks you’d like to join. Begin typing the high school name and Facebook will provide a drop down list of selections. Don’t forget to select the class year as well. You can also choose a college/university, and if your company is listed you can select that as well, then click Save.
7. Now, based on the networks you selected you will be prompted with more people you may now. You can see how the whole social networking idea works now, right? Select people you are acquaintances with and click Add to Friends.
8. Select your regional network, and click Join.
9. That’s it! You just created your Facebook account, and are on your homepage. Hopefully, you were able to find many friends you know, and on your home page you will see many more. I’m sure you’ll Facebook is a great way to keep in touch with old friends.
Tomorrow, we will cover how to personalize your profile by adding pictures, information, and joining groups. Stay tuned!
~ Neil Patel