Ah, here we are at the last day of our Facebook series. It’s almost bring tears to my eyes to see it go 😉 Let’s explore groups and applications today! You may have heard Facebook lets you find people you might have so much in common with all around the world. Let us check it out!
1. Once you are on the homepage, in the right pane, select Groups.
2. Here you can search for a group. Give it a try, type in anything you please and click Enter!
3. Now you can see the group page. It was created and is filled with members just like you. There are discussion boards, and posted pictures, links, and videos.
4. If you don’t know where to start, browse groups. You will see some local groups, and you can browse by category. If you wander into Totally Random, you can find some pretty fun ones such as “I flip the pillow over for the cold side” or “I use my cell phone to see in the dark” .
Now that we’ve covered groups, it’s time to move over to applications. This is a major feature of Facebook. They add all sorts of different abilities to Facebook. I’m going to show you my top four favorite and how you can browse them all.
I’m just going to point you to the application page. Click Allow to add the application. Then there will be detailed instructions on how to get up and running with them. So without further ado, here we go!
1. iLike – Myspace has always been known for allowing you to have a playlist of your favorite songs, and iLike provides that in Facebook. iLike checks your favorite artists that you entered in your profile and lets you add virtually any song to your profile playlist!
2. Compare People – This application is rather neat, because you get to find out who stands where in various categories such as funniest, smartest, and fun ones such as who would you rather be handcuffed to. Check it out!
3. Quizzes – Create quizzes to see how well your friends know you, and see how well you know them. If you do well, your score will be displayed on your friends profile and those who perform well will get posted on your profile as well.
4. Top Friends – Like Myspace, using this application you can showcase your top friends on your profile. This app also comes with some pretty nice themes that appeal to everyone. But that’s not all! You can also have some fun “throwing” virtual items at your friends or send them a drink.
It looks like we’ve come to an end! I hope you are becoming comfortable with Facebook now, and don’t worry, I’ll be back to cover more with Facebook before you know it!
~ Neil Patel