- Worldstart's Tech Tips And Computer Help - http://www.worldstart.com -
Flash Won’t Work & Tried Reinstalling – Help!!!
Posted By Tim On April 2, 2013 @ 9:00 AM In System Tune-Up Help,Using The Internet | Comments Disabled
Irene from Jacksonville FL writes:
I am a premium member of WorldStart, I love this helpful newsletter! esp the tips! I’m having a problem viewing any videos sent to me, I can’t see YouTube videos, I have Adobe Flash and even deleted it and downloaded it again! But it says please download Adobe Flash Player?? It’s already on my laptop!! PLEASE HELP!
The good news is you’re not alone, a lot of people experience problems with Adobe Flash Player. Sometimes an installation of Flash Player can become corrupt and a simple reinstall doesn’t work. You are going to need to uninstall your existing installations of Adobe Flash, and then clear out some files. Once that’s done, you can reinstall Flash and you should be all set. You may want to write down or print the instructions below, because you’ll have to close your web browser to complete the uninstall.
1) Download the uninstaller program by clicking here . Do not run this file yet, choose to save it to your desktop or to your downloads folder.
2) Exit all of your open web browsers. If you use multiple web browsers like Internet Explorer, Firefox, Google Chrome or others, make sure they are all closed. Close any application which also may run flash like instant message clients or games.
3) Double-click the the uninstaller utility and follow the prompts. If you see the message “Do you want to allow the following program to make changes to this computer?,” click Yes.
4) Once the uninstaller has completed, delete the Flash Player files and folders. Begin by clicking the Start button and click run (or hold down windows key on keyboard and press R) and copy and paste the following then click OK. C:\Windows\system32\Macromed\Flash.
5) Delete all of the files in that folder. Repeat step 4 for the following folders:
6) Restart your computer. Once the computer has been restarted click here  to download and follow the prompts to install the latest version of Adobe Flash.
Article printed from Worldstart's Tech Tips And Computer Help: http://www.worldstart.com
URL to article: http://www.worldstart.com/flash-wont-work-tried-reinstalling-help/
URLs in this post:
 clicking here: http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/uninstall-flash-player-windows.html
 click here: http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer