Good Substitute For PictureIt?

Monday, January 26th, 2015 by | Filed Under: Quick Tips

Luc from Ottawa, Ontario writes:

Probably a dozen years ago I purchased Microsoft PictureIT! Gold Edition from you.  I have gotten accustomed to using it to edit my pictures.  In migrating from XP to Windows 7, I have not been able to make use of this software.  I have reinstalled the program a couple of times.  However, each time the program indicates that it has stopped working. Can you assist me in this matter?

Luc, according to the Microsoft Compatibility Center – PictureIt is not compatible with Windows 7.  The Compatibility Center is a great place to check before installing software on your Windows 7, 8 or 8.1 computer.

pictureitcrop

That means you’ll need to find another program for making cards, signs and other photo projects. If you have Microsoft Office, you may already have a good option in the for of Publisher, which will perform many of the same functions as PictureIt. Another option might be a program like PrintMaster.

Tags: , , ,

11 Responses to “Good Substitute For PictureIt?”

1. Bernard Black says:

Or install Oracle VM VirtualBox (free) http://download.virtualbox.org/virtualbox/4.3.20/VirtualBox-4.3.20-96997-win.exei
    Then inside VM install XP and your software so you’ll be able to use it, edit and save.

2. Tom Larkin says:

Cynthia,

I have Windows 7 and am using MS PictureIt! Premium 10.

• cynthia says:

There were versions of PictureIt that worked with Windows 7. However, PictureIt is no longer sold by Microsoft and isn’t widely available for purchase.

3. webmasterleroy.com says:

once you find your choice of new publishing software you can still use the graphics in picture it since they are great and there are so many of them.

4. Allan Poe says:

You say, “according to the Microsoft Compatibility Center PictureIt is not compatible with Windows 7.”
    When I open Microsoft Compatibility Center and put in PictureIt, it only shows compatibility for 8.0 & 8.1. There is no mention of 7. So how can you make this statement?

5. Meha says:

I too have worked with Picture it 10! for so long-I absolutely
    do not work in any other program. It runs just fine with my windows 7 –
    I do porofessional photography and custom designed items all with my Picture it 10! I learned years ago – it would not be published any longer and
    purchased a back up copy / last one on the shelf—–why………when there
    are good, simple, workable and friendly things, they can’t be left alone.
    :-[ Perhaps try Amazon or Books for Less…?

6. Meha says:

P.S. If you are so use to Picture it … I have found Print Shop 2.3
    to be the most understandable and workable. PrintMaster IS NOT friendly AT ALL. Hope to save you some time and anguish. Good Luck. M

7. Connie T says:

I used to have “Microsoft Picture It” but later got “Microsoft Digital Image Suite” which I feel does a lot more. Needless to say they don’t make that one anymore either. Think 2006 was the last year for it but you can find it on Amazon or eBay……..and yes, it works with Windows 7 :)

8. Terri T. says:

I ran into this same situation when my beloved Win XP computer died last year. I had been running MS PictureIt! Platinum, which was beyond awesome and I knew it like the back of my hand. I looked at software that *might* begin to do what PI did, and after considering the cost of software, plus having to learn to use it… I got on eBay and bought a Win XP computer, cheaper than I could replace the software.

Because XP isn’t in demand, I got a huge hard drive and fast processor, excellent for running a graphics program – for about what a new program would cost. That option is one you might also consider.

9. Dick F says:

I’m using Pictureit 9.0. It works fine with Win 8.1. Now I need to find out if it will work with Win 10.