Hassle Free Web Data in Excel 2007
So, you have data on a Web page and you need to move it into an MS Excel worksheet.
What are you planning to do?
Copy/paste each piece of data? Re-enter the data?
Well, I vote you import the data directly from the Web and avoid all the transfer time.
If you’re on board with that idea, let’s take a look!
- First, you need to locate the Web page with the data you need.
- Now, copy the URL of the Web page.
- Next, it’s off to Excel 2007 and the Data tab on the ribbon.
- Under the Get External Data section, click on the From Web button.
- Paste the URL into the address bar when the New Web Query dialogue window opens.
- Use either the Go button or the Enter key to navigate to the Web page with your data.
- Once you’re on the page, you’ll find that Excel has marked tables with a little yellow arrow.
- Click on the arrow of the table you want to import.
- To finish, click on the Import button.
- The Import Data dialogue window will then ask you to tell Excel where to put the data.
- Make a choice and then click OK.
Voila. Data tables in Excel 2007 with minimal effort!