Hate 8.1? Let Us Help

Sunday, July 20th, 2014 by | Filed Under: Quick Tips

Charles writes:

Those who created windows 8 and 8.1 needs a 3rd eye I have used win 8 and 8.1 it is CRAPOLA,CRAPOLA CRAPOLA…

So Charles, tell us how you really feel :)   But I’m curious, what is it that you dislike most about 8.1? In fact, I think I’ll just ask everyone. If you don’t like 8.1 – what is it specifically that you don’t like.

You’ll need to be a little more specific that Charles. If there’s a particular problem or a feature you miss with 8.1, let us know by clicking here. We’ll see if we can’t answer your question.

Tags: ,

9 Responses to “Hate 8.1? Let Us Help”

1. Al says:

Ooops! windows 8 is another VISTA!

2. Milton says:

I agree with Charles. the program hopes from site to another without cause or drops my MSN or Bing and brings me back to my apps. The curser will open a site just by passing over it or if it is on a prompt then it opens it without my applying any pressure to my mouse or mouse pad. I had less problems with 7 and found it MUCH easier to use. I have been trying this since I purchased this computer in Jan. and it has not been getting any better.

3. Doreen says:

No experience with Win8 but think most of the complaints are due to the system being designed with touch devices in mind. Not everyone wants, needs or is able to use tablets, computers, etc. with only touch capability.

4. Jerry says:

I work on and sell computers , like MOST everyone else I HATE 8 or 8.1 ,there’s not that much difference . Like Charles stated it is for touch-screens . on most laptops that had 8 or 8.1 , I have completly wipped the hard drives clean and installed Windows 7. They ALL liked it much better. The BIGGEST problem with 8 or 8.1 is like stated above , there is just toooo many work-arounds to get to what you want , and then if you are not careful , it will jump back to somthing else , and then youv’e got to start all over . In my opinion 8 and 8.1 SUCKS big time .

5. Ray says:

I had Vista previously and 8.1 beats it hands down. I have had 8.1 since January and have not had any problems.

6. Terry says:

I bought 6 new laptops and on MS surface at the same time, all with 8.1. I was reluctant at first but after I got accustomed to using it on my tablet, using it on the laptops came a bit easier… I love it and would not want to go back to 7

7. Ira says:

I may be one of the few who have not problem with Win 8.1. I am running it on 3 systems without touch screens. I just added a start button and I am fine. I occasionally use it in its native mode but it is just different and that seems to be why folks don’t like. But moving from CPM to DOS was a change and using various menu systems before Win 3, and all the changes to Windows along the way have taken some getting used to. Win 98 was about the only version that was totally useless but I did not have to use it for more than a week or 2.

8. Kathy says:

Our computer kept wanting us to upgrade to 8.1 and I kept saying ask me later. Then about a month ago my husband said I don’t know how to tell you this but this am when I got on the computer it started upgrading to 8.1 on it’s own but it says at the end if you do not want it you can not agree to their terms and it will go back to 8.0 I said well this will finally stop the constant badgering to upgrade and they say it is the same. 1. I am used to doing screen shots, as receipts when I pay on line or if I buy something or if I have a question about something and then enclosing it in an email to people. I used to have a file in My Pictures file names Screenshots that the computer had made and put them (screenshots) there. Well that stopped with 8.1. I have found them in Photo Gallery finally but there is no way that I can get to them to send in an email that I have found. 2. I also lost “Computer” could not find it anywhere but last week or so I was looking again for things and found it but they renamed it to “This PC” I do not like the way it opens when you go to attach a picture, it always had a certain path I had to take but now it goes to the last file I was in, constantly. IF I could find my newest Screen shots to be able to access right away I would be ok with it. I hate computers again, they keep making changes and I am old and do not adjust well to changes. Oh the reason I was looking for Computer was I put in a flash drive and it did not come up automatically and I was trying to find it because I could not open it. Now it is coming up if I put one in but the memory cards still haven’t come up automatically when I put one in. I just got on here hoping I could find some tips on 8.1 and saw this! 3. Now the question mark at the bottom right, some assistant, says to see if my computer needs any changes to reinstall things since the upgrade, I have checked and finally find the number they want me to put in after I check to see but it keeps taking me back to the same page, I printed out what it said and I have no idea what it means, just do the changes if I need any, I didn’t ask for this. Now I put in to tell me in a month, maybe my computer guy can get here to see what it wants, we are in the middle of a move and I don’t want him to come until we are ready. So now I have to pay someone to come out and figure out the mess they have created for me and maybe he can explain it!

9. Kathy says:

I am embarrassed! The screenshots are where they were before BUT not in order at all. What the 8.1 has done I have now found out is filled in where I have deleted screenshots, so the newer ones are in with the oldest screenshots where I had deleted them. It will be a long time before I have them at the end because I do have quite a few screenshots. But finding them is great!