Let’s take this one from the pages of real-life here at WorldStart. I recently did an update for Kaspersky Security software and then found that I wasn’t able to load certain web sites, like Google, in the Firefox browser. I got this error.
However, I could load Google and the other problem pages in both Internet Explorer and Chrome. For the Yahoo! page I was having issues with, I was able to click “I understand the risks” and add an exception.
Even though there was a stern warning not to do this, I did it anyway. I wouldn’t suggest doing it for an unfamiliar site.
When it came to searching Google, I didn’t even have the option to add an exception. Since my coworker wasn’t having any issues with Firefox and hadn’t yet installed her Kaspersky update, I suspected it was connected to Kaspersky. With a little digging, I discovered that I was right. Fortunately, it was easy to fix.
I opened up Kaspersky and chose Additional and then Network from the main screen.
Then I picked Advanced settings.
There I had the option install a security certificate for Kaspersky. I clicked install and it only took a minute or so to finish.
After that, no problem at all loading Google or the other problematic sites.