Help! My Gear Icon Is Missing In Yahoo! Mail

Wednesday, July 23rd, 2014 by | Filed Under: Quick Tips

Barbara from Florida writes:

I do not have a gear symbol when I open yahoo mail and I extremely dislike the new version. Help!

Barbara, the gear symbol should be located to the far right of your inbox next to the Home icon and your name.

The gear should be the farthest thing to the right of your page. If you don’t have a widescreen monitor, you may need to scroll over.

If it’s still not displaying, you may want to try clearing the cache in your browser and then rebooting. Another possibility is that you’re using an older web browser that doesn’t support the newer mail. This has also been a problem for Outlook.com users trying to access mail with version 8 of Internet Explorer. Make sure you have the latest version available of your browser.

Tags: , ,

7 Responses to “Help! My Gear Icon Is Missing In Yahoo! Mail”

1. Katerine Page says:

I emptied my cache,rebooted. Still no gear icon. I want my mail viewing back to where it was….the way it is now is terrible, I detest using yahoo because of it. Please give me a fix for this problem

2. Jim says:

My Gear icon has disappeared from Yahoo Basic Mail. How do I get it back? I am using Firefox 45.0 in Windows 7.

3. John says:

This new email system sucks!!!! There is no gear icon and no way to forward messages!!!! Well I guess back to google I go!!

4. Darla says:

HOW MANY TIMES BY HOW MANY USERS TILL YOU UNDERSTAND THERE IS NO, AS IN NONE, NO DAMN GEAR AND USERS EVEN POSTED A SCREEN SHOT FOR YOU BUT EVIDENTLY YOU ARE A BLIND RESPONDENT!

• cynthia says:

I don’t see a screenshot in the comments, but if you aren’t seeing a gear, there are 3 possibilities. 1. Are you using the mobile app version and not the browser. These instructions are for a browser. 2. You’re using the older, Basic version of Yahoo Mail. There’s no gear there. 3. There’s an issue with your browser where it’s not properly displaying the gear icon. If you don’t see the gear icon, please send me a message at editor@worldstart.com. Let me know which browser you’re using and the version and include the screenshot of your gearless inbox. Are you missing the gear across multiple browsers?

5. cynthia says:

Chris that gear icon really is there. ARe you sure you just aren’t scrolled over far enough?