Sandra Blattberg from New York writes:
After upgrading my iPad, I can no longer receive my Yahoo e-mails.
Major software updates like iOS 7 can occasionally play havoc with some of your existing settings for email on the iPad. However, it is easy to remedy. Simply follow the instructions below:
1. Ensure you know the correct password for your Yahoo! email account. If you are not 100% sure what that is, it is always a good idea to test it to make sure that the password you are thinking of is indeed the one you use for your Yahoo! email account. So, open Safari and navigate to http://mail.yahoo.com and log in to your account. If you are already logged in, log out and try to log back in again to ensure that your password works.
2. Next, find the Settings app on your iPad and go to Settings > Mail, Contacts and Calendars to see your existing email accounts.
3. Tap on the Yahoo! account to access the mail settings, and then tap Delete Account. It sounds scary, but you are only removing the account from the iPad. None of your emails, contacts, or calendar events will be erased when you delete the account, they will just be temporarily removed from the iPad.
4. A warning will pop-up, informing you that deleting the account will remove all existing emails, contacts and calendars from the iPad. As stated above, your data is safe, so go ahead and tap Delete to confirm.
5. Next, tap Add Account, and then tap Yahoo!
6. In the pop-up box, enter your full name, email address (including the @yahoo.com ending), and your password. By default, the description will read Yahoo! so you can change that if you like, or just leave it as it is. The description only serves to better identify the email account if you happen to have several different email accounts on the device. Then tap Next in the top right-hand corner to confirm your settings.
7. On the next screen, choose which Yahoo! services you would like to sync to the iPad. If you only need email, feel free to slide the other switches to the left in order to deselect the other options. Click Save in the top right-hand corner to save your preferences.
8. Now you can navigate to the Mail app to find your latest emails. It may take a minute or two for them to sync, but they should appear almost right away.