Help! My Yahoo! Email Doesn’t Work On The iPad!

Tuesday, November 4th, 2014 by | Filed Under: E-Mail Help, iOS

Sandra Blattberg from New York writes:

After upgrading my iPad, I can no longer receive my Yahoo e-mails.

Major software updates like iOS 7 can occasionally play havoc with some of your existing settings for email on the iPad. However, it is easy to remedy. Simply follow the instructions below:

1. Ensure you know the correct password for your Yahoo! email account. If you are not 100% sure what that is, it is always a good idea to test it to make sure that the password you are thinking of is indeed the one you use for your Yahoo! email account. So, open Safari and navigate to http://mail.yahoo.com and log in to your account. If you are already logged in, log out and try to log back in again to ensure that your password works.

2. Next, find the Settings app on your iPad and go to Settings > Mail, Contacts and Calendars to see your existing email accounts.

Mail, Contacts and Calendars

3. Tap on the Yahoo! account to access the mail settings, and then tap Delete Account. It sounds scary, but you are only removing the account from the iPad. None of your emails, contacts, or calendar events will be erased when you delete the account, they will just be temporarily removed from the iPad.

Delete Yahoo Mail Account

4. A warning will pop-up, informing you that deleting the account will remove all existing emails, contacts and calendars from the iPad. As stated above, your data is safe, so go ahead and tap Delete to confirm.

Confirm Email Delete

5. Next, tap Add Account, and then tap Yahoo!

Add Yahoo Account

6. In the pop-up box, enter your full name, email address (including the @yahoo.com ending), and your password. By default, the description will read Yahoo! so you can change that if you like, or just leave it as it is. The description only serves to better identify the email account if you happen to have several different email accounts on the device. Then tap Next in the top right-hand corner to confirm your settings.

Add Yahoo Account Details

7. On the next screen, choose which Yahoo! services you would like to sync to the iPad. If you only need email, feel free to slide the other switches to the left in order to deselect the other options. Click Save in the top right-hand corner to save your preferences.

Save Yahoo Email Settings

8. Now you can navigate to the Mail app to find your latest emails. It may take a minute or two for them to sync, but they should appear almost right away.

~ Jonathan

Tags: , , ,

84 Responses to “Help! My Yahoo! Email Doesn’t Work On The iPad!”

1. Elaine says:

I’m afraid to do that. In case I will loose the new email account set up in yahoo ?

2. Jo says:

I followed all of the steps but it wouldn’t accept a new password! I have been hacked and still cannot change my password. I am abroad and don’t have anything but my iPad

3. Sharon Marshall says:

This did not work for me! I now have No email!

4. Alf says:

I have tried this several times tonight on my own IPad and my wife’s IPad the mail is still not working from the iPad but
    I have managed to send one email to my wife’s iPad from my iMac desktop. So, I can only assume the problem is with yahoo.

5. Ceci says:

Thank you! I followed you instructions to the “t” and it worked! YAY!

6. Hanusia Tkaczyk says:

I tried this but it made no difference. My latest test e-mail is still hung up and attempting to send after more than 5 minutes. I had even turned off the iPad and rebooted it, in case that was needed.

Still getting the message that outgoing server “apple.smtp.mail.yahoo.com” failed. Supposedly I can configure additional outgoing mail servers, but have no idea how to do this. Anyone have a suggestion re: this?

Pretty sure this problem cropped up after one of the updates late in 2015.

7. Hanusia Tkaczyk says:

Just tried entering the failed server info as a secondary server. New test email still hung up. Wonder if it’s a Yahoo issue.

8. Kat says:

It worked! Thank you!

9. Frank says:

it worked for me!

10. Jerry says:

this worked for me, everything was still there on the ipad as well as on yahoo server, really strange after no problems for a long time that it quit just on the IPad, I think it came after upgrading to OS 9.3.1

• Jan says:

My Yahoo email and password refused several times on iPad, despite changing p/word. Keeps declaring that neither the email address or password match my account! ( This happened after updating to iOS 9.3.2 this last weekend). I shall soon be locked out of my account after multiple changes of password!!) Same account on my MacBook Pro is working perfectly. Have no idea how to sort this. like others I am dubious deleting the account and re-adding, but maybe this is the only way to resolve this.? Thanks, Apple for another mess-up with an upgrade!

11. Alan says:

When I tried this I still get a blank white screen after logging in.

12. Carole says:

Jan, I just updated yesterday to 9.3.2. No problems on IPhone 6, but can’t get into yahoo, just see a blank page. Chatted with an Apple support person this morning. She didn’t know anything about this issue, told me to send my data and then ended the chat. I am part of several Yahoo groups for work and not being able to access is a real problem.

• Davide says:

Same problem in Italy. Maybe a problem of Safari on IPad. With Chrome on IPad i can access to Yahoo! Mail but the page isn’t the usual

13. iluisa says:

i do not put email apps on my computer, i access them as i would on my laptop. from which i CAN access yahoo emails. so the problem is maybe not with yahoo but something with my ipad? just get a blank white page. when i try to go through google, i get thrown back to yahoo’s home page after i try to log in.

14. Mette says:

Same problem in Denmark accessing yahoo from IPad via safari. On May 25th worked fine, on May 26th and on just gets blank page. I have NOT upgraded so i Think it is a yahoo issue of changing their code. (Like a while back they changed so you can’t log on on one page , but has two visit two pages with a next Inbetween – very annoying )

15. Jackie says:

I have been with yahoo for years but I carnt read my e mails now it just blank page I have signed in with new pasword but still carnt read m y e mails what should I do

16. Dave says:

I was having the same problem with my iPad. I always used the mobile site, not the app.

Though it showed me as logged in, all I got was a blank white page. I logged out of Yahoo. Logged back onto my Yahoo home page, from there I clicked “go to yahoo mail ” it let me in.