Hit Me With Your Windows 10 Questions

Wednesday, May 17th, 2017 by | Filed Under: Windows 10

Windows 10 has just hit a major milestone. The operating system is now on half a billion devices and is now found on 26% of PCs. But there are still a lot of you out there with questions about Windows 10.

windows-10-desktop-live-tiles

I’d love to answer those questions. (I mean, that’s what we’re here for.) What are your burning questions about using Windows 10? What are the quirks that annoy you? What can’t you figure out how to do?

Let me know in the comments and I’ll do my best to help you out.

Tags: , ,

9 Responses to “Hit Me With Your Windows 10 Questions”

1. Sherry says:

I get frequent notices that my “account settings are out of date”. When I go to Settings, I read “Sorry. Something went wrong. Try again later” This has been happening since I installed 10.

2. Trish says:

My question involves Yahoo.com. Every time when I click on Internet Explorer, it seems to stall. Then there is a note: Yahoo is not responding due to a long running script. What is the script and do I need to let it run? Trish

3. Trish says:

I have a problem getting a WD Ext HD recognized. The other two Ext HDs are recognized. One is a WD & one is a Seagate. But the other WD is usually not recognized. I’ve tried connecting it to the same USB port & a different port but so far it was only recognized twice, but not now. Thanks for all your help, Trish (PS: I think you posted info regarding this before and I tried your recommendation – once it opened and I purged a lot of media from it, but next time it wasn’t recognized.)

4. Trish says:

I just found out about hard drive enclosures. I have two computers I want to remove the hard drives from and hope to put them into a hard drive enclosure and that they will work. My question is: How do I know which enclosure to get. There are many on Amazon, but do I need to remove the hard drives first to know which enclosure to purchase? Trish

5. Jackie Harter says:

How can I put my START button on my task bar?

6. Ray says:

Windows 10 Mail is a typical MS screw-up. Guess they are trying to get everyone over to something under their control not the users control. The contacts part of it really is bad. You can’t even delete a contact – that I can figure out. Plus, It somehow wiped off my “old” Windows Live Mail 2012 that worked very well and now I can’t download it any longer.
    Boooo MS

7. Rebecca Haughn says:

my computer has been going offline since the last update. also I wish to uninstall cortana, I don’t need it and I want a male voice not a female voice. Thanks for all you do and appreciate any suggestion or fixes you send my way.

8. Michael P Russell says:

I’m trying to find the CD/DVD player on My windows 10 Touch Screen Laptop.
    I’ve looked in Device Manager & in that program all I see is this under

(DVD/CD-ROM Drives)
    {HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GUC0N}

When I place a Blank CD or A DVD Movie in the CD Tray, all I hear is the Movement of the Disk going round & Round for about 30 Seconds & Nothing.

9. Sel Colomb says:

Why doesn’t Microsoft Win10 Mail app. allow us to adjust the size of the accounts and preview columns? Why can’t I set a Font, size and colour I wish, and have it permanently applied to the mail app. body. These were part of Outlook and Windows Live mail settings but seem to have been discarded. Why? Thanks to listening to my whinge, perhaps Microsoft might listen to an organisation such as yours rather than a lone voice crying in the wilderness.