How Do I Access My Complete Outlook.com Address Book?

Monday, May 20th, 2013 by | Filed Under: E-Mail Help

Lucille from Ky writes: Have trouble getting my Outlook.com address book. I mean the whole thing. When I want to forward something, it just shows a few.

I’ve had quite a few questions about getting to your full Outlook.com address book. Here’s how to do it.

When you go to send, forward or reply to an e-mail, many people complain they can’t see the complete address list.

Click on To in order to see a list of contacts. Click once to see your favorite contacts (most often used) and double-click to see your full list of contacts.

A step you can take to make it easier to find people you’ve communicated with, but who aren’t necessarily contacts, is to click on the little gear symbol to the right and choose More Mail Settings from the drop-down menu.

You’ll be show a page pull of options, including Customizing Outlook, under which you will select Advanced Privacy Settings.

Under Auto Complete Suggestions, choose Give suggestions for anyone I’ve communicated with (contacts and non-contacts)

Now when you start to type names into the search box you will get the options of all the people you’ve communicated with and not just your contacts.

Hope that helps.

Tags: ,

6 Responses to “How Do I Access My Complete Outlook.com Address Book?”

1. Kitty says:

Thank You Thank you thank you! I even went to the website to see if I could find an answer to this very question with no results. I should have know you guys and gals would be the ones to help us all. Your tip e-mail is the first thing I read when I check. Thanks for all the help in the past and all th help I know you will give in the future!Love Ya Guys and Gals!!

2. Betty Moyes says:

Just what I needed, thanks

3. Annie says:

Thank you so much just what I needed, Annie

4. Jan Klabbers says:

Just what I needed. Thanks so much!

5. t says:

THANK YOU!!!!! I also looked all over for an answer! This is exactly what I needed!!

6. George S says:

This is what I’ve been looking for, but apparently it doesn’t apply to Outlook 2007. When I attempt to follow the instructions above, I am able to click on “to” in order to see the list of current e-mail addresses, but when I double click, I get the same list.

I don’t see the “little gear” symbol.