How Do I Delete A Location From AccuWeather App?

Monday, November 11th, 2013 by | Filed Under: Android, iOS, Smartphones

Victoria from Maryland writes:

How do I delete a location on the AccuWeather app. on my tablet?

Victoria, it’s a fairly simple process, so let’s get started. Start by opening the app and selecting the menu icon at the top.

You should then see a list of your locations.

Here’s how to get rid of one you don’t want. Simply press down and hold that location. You should see the option to delete it.

You might also see this message: Unable to delete the current city from the city list. Disable show current city instead.

If you have the app set up to display the weather where you are located at any given time, you cannot delete that location. Here’s how to turn that function off.  Tap the menu button or icon on your device and choose Settings.

Remove the check next to Use current location.

Tags: , , , ,

9 Responses to “How Do I Delete A Location From AccuWeather App?”

1. Me says:

Thank you so much for the help!!!

2. Debbie says:

unbelievably easy, I have tried several sites and youtube videos and still couldn’t do it. THANK YOU !!!

3. Deena says:

I can’t find that option to uncheck the box for the use current city in the settings on my Samsung Galaxy S3.Any suggestions?

4. Scott says:

Also have S3, and had the same problem. (I think maybe it’s an older version of this widget being built-in to the ROM). Found solution. The above photo shows when you tap the menu button, there is “delete”, “search”, and “settings.” On my S3, it also has “Show current city.” Click that, it has a whole menu for the single task of turning current city off.

5. Suzy says:

I just found a very easy way to delete locations on my Samsung Galaxy S5. I just scrolled to the left of the NOW weather screen where I simply held down the name of the city that I wanted to deleted which brought up a trash can at the top of the page.

6. Dids says:

It does not work on my HTC. Even if the use current location box is not ticket the current location still appears in my list of cities… and does not appears on the list of city to delete

7. Ingrid says:

Thank you Suzy, that worked on my Galaxy A3!

8. Kate says: