How Do I Delete A Location From AccuWeather App?

Monday, November 11th, 2013 by | Filed Under: Android, iOS, Smartphones

Victoria from Maryland writes:

How do I delete a location on the AccuWeather app. on my tablet?

Victoria, it’s a fairly simple process, so let’s get started. Start by opening the app and selecting the menu icon at the top.

You should then see a list of your locations.

Here’s how to get rid of one you don’t want. Simply press down and hold that location. You should see the option to delete it.

You might also see this message: Unable to delete the current city from the city list. Disable show current city instead.

If you have the app set up to display the weather where you are located at any given time, you cannot delete that location. Here’s how to turn that function off.  Tap the menu button or icon on your device and choose Settings.

Remove the check next to Use current location.

Tags: , , , ,

16 Responses to “How Do I Delete A Location From AccuWeather App?”

1. Me says:

Thank you so much for the help!!!

2. Debbie says:

unbelievably easy, I have tried several sites and youtube videos and still couldn’t do it. THANK YOU !!!

3. Deena says:

I can’t find that option to uncheck the box for the use current city in the settings on my Samsung Galaxy S3.Any suggestions?

4. Scott says:

Also have S3, and had the same problem. (I think maybe it’s an older version of this widget being built-in to the ROM). Found solution. The above photo shows when you tap the menu button, there is “delete”, “search”, and “settings.” On my S3, it also has “Show current city.” Click that, it has a whole menu for the single task of turning current city off.

5. Suzy says:

I just found a very easy way to delete locations on my Samsung Galaxy S5. I just scrolled to the left of the NOW weather screen where I simply held down the name of the city that I wanted to deleted which brought up a trash can at the top of the page.

6. Dids says:

It does not work on my HTC. Even if the use current location box is not ticket the current location still appears in my list of cities… and does not appears on the list of city to delete

7. Ingrid says:

Thank you Suzy, that worked on my Galaxy A3!

8. Kate says:

So easy! Thank you!

9. Jan says:

the accuweather app I have for the iphone has a Manage Locations I ended up with the same city twice. So this app has a EDIT button above the list of locations. My “current” is set to ON. But when I click on EDIT, there is a red circle with the hyphen in the middle. If I touch that icon, the DELETE opens to the right. But when I push on DELETE it won’t delete. So I went to settings and to the right of Current it says ON, but when I touch the ON it won’t change to OFF.

10. Efren says:

how to change it in LenovoS930 unit…i’m trying to change the display weather info to my current location but it is not working…

11. Cheryl says:

Doesn’t work for me..there is no menu button.

12. FatFreddy says:

Ok I finally figured it out just by accident. Not at all intuitive to figure out, but simple once you know how to do it. Open the app, swipe open the left menu, click “Add Location” and add a location. That location will have a moving “swipe to delete” icon over the name of the location. Drag that new location to the top of the added locations (but below “current location”), and it will automatically become your favorite. Then the moving swipe icon will change over the other saved location so you can swipe to delete it.

• cynlew says:

Thank you! Makes sense since we swipe all the time in Gmail, but not intuitive at all as you said, especially since the app never used that functionality in previous versions.

13. JR says:

Not very intuitive at all with the latest update. Select locations, go to bottom of page, hit edit locations. Simply swipe left and the location is deleted. Simple as that.