How Do I Find Contacts In Yahoo! Mail?

Saturday, October 26th, 2013 by | Filed Under: E-Mail Help

J.D. from Azle, Texas writes:

Yahoo has changed to a new format, how do I retrieve my addresses to send emails?

Let’s check it out, J.D.  First let’s head on over to that new-look Yahoo! Mail inbox.

At the top left of the inbox, choose Compose.

A blank message will open.

In the upper left of the new message, click To.

This window will open.

You can choose contacts from the list.

Or search for contacts in the search field.

Check the name of the contact or contacts  you wish to send the e-mail to.

Then select Done.

You’re message will now be addressed to your chose recipient.

I’ll be checking out some other features of the new look Yahoo! e-mail soon.

Tags: , ,

38 Responses to “How Do I Find Contacts In Yahoo! Mail?”

1. Glenda Watt says:

All my business email contacts are gone.
    All my business email lists are empty.

That’s only about a dozen years worth of contacts obliterated.

Awesome job, Yahoo! Awesome. Freakin’. Job.

2. Kim A says:

Yahoo e-mail sucks. Why can’t I access my address book to edit names and store other info? Why can’t I print my address book? You took something that worked perfectly well for years and then you trashed it. You guys could phuck up a train wreck! Ever since Marissa Mayer was brought in, Yahoo sucks.

• cynthia says:

Kim: I’m curious. What happens when you click on your address book icon? I can access mine and edit the list.

3. Carolyn says:

What address book icon? I can’t find one.

4. John says:

I have been searching for my address book for half an hour now, using searches etc as well. It is very annoying not to be able to easily find this important feature.

• sharon Phillips says:

I can’t find mine either, I’m googling and googling and nothing.

• Pete says:

This is a real problem. Not so bad as Glenda’s and some others, but I can’t find “Contacts” or any way to list my contacts, other than running through “Compose”. I can’t change anything about a contact, except by deleting and re-adding. Googling >where is contacts yahoo mail?< gets me to this WorldStart page, but can't find any other info. HELP!

• cynthia says:

What do you see to the far left of your inbox. Just underneath the Yahoo! Mail logo you should see an envelope and right next to it a little icon that looks like an address book. Those are your contacts.

• Pete says:

Yes! In IE 11, those icons don’t show up, but if you mouse over that area, Mail Contacts Calendar Notepad Messenger and News Feed are there and you can click the place where the icon would be. Thanks!

• cynthia says:

Pete: I can see them just fine in IE 11. I wonder if the issue has to do with your monitor or the display settings on your PC. They are very pale purple over white and only turn a darker color when you mouse over them.