How Do I Insert An Image Into Outlook.com E-mail?

Saturday, May 25th, 2013 by | Filed Under: E-Mail Help

Steve from Oklahoma City, Oklahoma writes: I still haven’t figured out an easy way to post pictures in the text of Outlook.com e-mails. I don’t want to make them attachments. Is that possible?

Steve, not only is it possible, it’s pretty easy. Click the + symbol to compose a new e-mail:

Then click the little arrow next to Insert. You’ll see a drop-down menu that offers you the options of attaching files, inserting a picture into the message or sharing from the SkyDrive. Choose Pictures inline.

Select the image you like from a file and choose Open.

Then the image should appear in your message.

Hope that helps.

Tags: , , ,

6 Responses to “How Do I Insert An Image Into Outlook.com E-mail?”

1. patti says:

not true~I have outlook/hotmail too and all I get is “files as attachments” and “share from skydrive” ~ I don’t have that middle one that says “pictures inline”. So…I would I get that? Cuz the only I can send pics is via attachments

2. Ray says:

Same here. There is no option entitled, “Pictures Inline,” only “Files as Attachments” and “Share from Skydrive.” Are there two versions of Outlook.com E-mail?

3. Skip says:

same as Patti and Ray except I only have “Files as attachment” as an option! What’s going on????? I am running XP. perhaps that makes a difference.

4. ROBERTA WESCOTT says:

Please address the version being used in the illustrations and offer solutions for older versions also.
    Doesn’t work for me, still using 2003 at home and 2007 at work.

5. Patti says:

Found out how to fix this! Download Internet Explorer 10…THEN you will get that middle line (Pictures Inline)under “Insert”. I know cuz I just downloaded Internet Explorer 10 and lo and behold! I now have “pictures inline” available to me!

6. Carlos says: