How Do I Stop Pop-Ups In Words With Friends

Tuesday, July 8th, 2014 by | Filed Under: Android, iOS

Shawn from Minnesota writes:

I play Words With Friends on my tablet and every single time I make a move an ad pops up. I have to watch at least a few seconds of it before I can get back to the game. How can I get rid of these pop-ups?

There’s one solution, Shawn. You can pay for the full version of Words With Friends.  It will cost you $4.99, but you will be spared those commercials. Otherwise, those ads are just the price you pay for your “free” app.

Tags: , , ,

42 Responses to “How Do I Stop Pop-Ups In Words With Friends”

1. David says:

For iMac users – Go to Preferences/Security/Manage Website Settings/Look for Words in the list/BLOCK ADS.

Not sure how this would work on a PC. But it works on an iMac.

2. Leon Holsapple says:

What is the cost to get rid of ads on words with friends?is it a one time fee?

3. Dianna says:

I understand there will be an ad between moves on Words with Friends lasting a few seconds. This is the “free” version. However, now a new pop-up advertising another game is preventing me from playing the Words with Friends and I cannot get rid of it unless I close the game, and it comes up now every time. The only solution I’ve found is that this horrible pop-up doesn’t occur when I use my Samsung Tablet.

4. Darlene says:

I paid for the premium but now get pop-ups from Words with Friends for a weekly challenge that will not let me close it unless I Accept the weekly challenge and then I get a message saying I didn’t complete the challenge but challenges me to another week. I don’t want to participate in the weekly challenge. How do I elimate this pop-up?

5. David says:

Me too HELP!!!!!

6. Marian says:

Me three! I can’t figure out how to turn off the stupid weekly challenge. Please help.

7. Me 4 says:

How do I tunn off the weekly challenge? I dont need it!

8. Carol saunders says:

I want to stop the weekly challange

9. Carol saunders says: