How Do I Stop Pop-Ups In Words With Friends

Tuesday, July 8th, 2014 by | Filed Under: Android, iOS

Shawn from Minnesota writes:

I play Words With Friends on my tablet and every single time I make a move an ad pops up. I have to watch at least a few seconds of it before I can get back to the game. How can I get rid of these pop-ups?

There’s one solution, Shawn. You can pay for the full version of Words With Friends.  It will cost you $4.99, but you will be spared those commercials. Otherwise, those ads are just the price you pay for your “free” app.

Tags: , , ,

65 Responses to “How Do I Stop Pop-Ups In Words With Friends”

1. Joanie Deis says:

Please give us an opt out of the weekly challenge. I hate the popups. Se s I not the only one. Zynga…HELP!

2. Do Nuernberger says:

Delete daily challenge

3. Do Nuernberger says:

Get rid of it

4. Norman says:

The weekly challenge has completely taken the fun out of playing Words With Fridnds. Most of the friends I play against hate it as well. I am considering deleting my paid version. And giving up the game. Please give us the option to opt out of Weekly Challdnges.

5. Gary Matthews says:

Myself and ALL of my friends are opting NOT to ever play WWF. We have a friend who is going to build another app with different name with NO ads.

• cynthia says:

Interesting idea. That’s how great new products are born. How does he plan to support the online gameplay? By charging for the app? Or will it be limited to off line gaming? Or is he willing to support a server for just friends to play on?

6. Deena says:

Cannot play anymore ! The pop up ad keeps appearing on the right hand corner hiding the play sign!

7. Deena says:

Cannot play due to pop up ad on right hand corner !

8. Neil says:

Happy to pay, but there doesn’t seem to be a premium game available on the Aps store any more. Absolutely sick of the ads. When will Zynga get the message!!

9. John says:

There’s a”remove ads” option hidden in the menus (settings) but it’ll set you back$13. That’s a bit cheeky, especially as it was$2.99 in 2011 and $4.99 in 2014. I recommend uninstalling it and trying the competition.

10. Lona J. says:

Accidentally erases words with friends with no ads. How do I get it back .? Can’t find in App Store. Am willing to pay as before