How Do I Stop Pop-Ups In Words With Friends

Tuesday, July 8th, 2014 by | Filed Under: Android, iOS

Shawn from Minnesota writes:

I play Words With Friends on my tablet and every single time I make a move an ad pops up. I have to watch at least a few seconds of it before I can get back to the game. How can I get rid of these pop-ups?

There’s one solution, Shawn. You can pay for the full version of Words With Friends.  It will cost you $4.99, but you will be spared those commercials. Otherwise, those ads are just the price you pay for your “free” app.

Tags: , , ,

11 Responses to “How Do I Stop Pop-Ups In Words With Friends”

1. MarkJ says:

Way to tell it like it is Cynthia. How can some people pay $80-90 a month for a phone and think $5 for an app they use everyday is too much. I guess too many of us have gotten used to the “Free” apps situation. Though it sounds like this game’s ads are more intrusive than most which simply display at the bottom all the time instead of popping up.

2. Les Arthur says:

I had the same frustration and for sometime, didn’t know how to even buy the “pay” version (I use a Kindle Fire) because it was not listed in the app store; however, I finally found that option in the menu within the game. It is well worth paying for it – not only did the ads stop coming, the game itself runs much smoother.

3. Kevin says:

Unfortunately you guys don’t realize people play on facebook and there is no option on facebook to buy the app….

4. Larry says:

My mother in law wants a words with friends version without pop up ads. We can’t delete her current version on her iPad and buy the $4.99 version. Then box always comes up saying open, without the $4.99 option ever appearing.
    ???????

5. DEBORAH CHOPTOVY says:

I THINK IT IS SNEAKY OF YOU TO TELL US WE HAVE TO PAY IN ORDER TO NOT GET THOSE ANNOYING ADS…NO OTHER GAME IS LIKE THIS…I REFUSE TO PAY FOR THE INCONVENIENCE OF ANNOYING ADS…TOO BAD..I LIKE THIS GAME

• cynthia says:

Actually, Deborah – many other “free” games do require you to pay to upgrade to ad-free version. When you think about it, to maintain a game, you need to make money on it. The money can come from people paying for the game or from advertisers. But it has to come from somewhere or there would be no way to support the games. Just like television, you can watch ads or pay extra for premium ad-free services.

6. Suzanne says:

I would like to get the the words with friends app without pop up ads…if I delete the free version…it says it will delete all data…so all current games will be lost. Is this correct?

7. Jeanne says:

Download adblock for free. Works like a dream.