Emilio from Newport N C writes:
I have an iPad iOS 6.1, how do I take screen shots and send them by e-mail. Thanks.
Need a shot? Err, or should I say screenshot? Then just sit for a moment and get a dose of these easy little tips.
Screenshot taking is a system-wide feature that allows you to capture an image of whatever is displayed on your device at any time. And this is regardless of what application you are running. The only time it does not work is during start up or shut down procedures.
So when you want to get an image, all you have to do is:
1. Press the Power Button on the top right corner of your device and at the same time, press the Home Button. The screen flashes, and if you have sound enabled you will hear a camera shutter sound.
2. Go to Photos App then Saved Photos. Find the thumbnail of the image you saved and tap to see the full image.
Select the Share button on your device to send it directly via email or SMS or even upload it to your MobileMe Gallery if you are a subscriber.
Importing Image to your Computer
1. Open the image you wish to transfer to your PC or Mac.
2. Tap the arrow icon in the bottom left corner and select Email Photo.
3. Enter your email address and tap Send.
Quick and easy alternative?
You can use the data transfer cable as described in your user manual.
A little extra!
Do you want to use a screenshot as your Skype profile picture?
There is a yes in the air and here’s what you have to do:
- Sign in to Skype
- Tap My Info
- Tap the Camera Icon in the top left corner and select Choose Existing Photo
- Select the image you wish to use as your profile picture.
- Move and scale the image to your liking and tap Choose.
It’s a piece of cake.