- Worldstart's Tech Tips And Computer Help - http://www.worldstart.com -
IE Favorites Shortcut
Posted By admin On December 8, 2008 @ 10:10 AM In Using The Internet | No Comments
Typically, when you add a Web site as a favorite using Internet Explorer, you’re able to access it from the Favorites menu at the top of the page. Of course, there are other ways to get to your Favorites, but that’s the most common way.
On the other hand, a lesser known method is to directly type the name of your favorite Web site into the address bar, turning each favorite into a shorter URL. If you’re not sure how to do that, keep reading, because that’s exactly what we’re going to cover today!
1. First, go to a Web site you would like to create a shortcut URL for. In this example, we’ll visit http://www.worldstart.com .
2. Click on Favorites and then choose Add to Favorites.
3. Under the Name: section, it currently says, Worldstart Computer Help. That’s simply the title of the WorldStart homepage. Go ahead and highlight all of that text and then change it to something much easier for you to remember. For example, you could call it “WS” (without the quotes), which stands for “WorldStart.” Make sure you select Favorites under the Create in: section and then click OK.
Next, change the text in the red box to this:
4. Now that you have the site shortcut as “WS,” open up another Internet Explorer window and type “WS” (without the quotes) into the address bar. Then click Go.
You’ll then be sent to WorldStart’s homepage. Now, all you have to do to get to the homepage every time is type “WS” into the address bar and hit Enter. It works like a charm!
This can be handy if you want to visit a Web site that has a really long URL and you don’t want to waste time looking through all of your Favorites. You can assign each Web site a shortcut word or phrase for easy access. Give it a try today!
~ Arun Matharoo
Article printed from Worldstart's Tech Tips And Computer Help: http://www.worldstart.com
URL to article: http://www.worldstart.com/ie-favorites-shortcut/
URLs in this post:
 http://www.worldstart.com: http://www.worldstart.com/
Click here to print.