- Worldstart's Tech Tips And Computer Help - http://www.worldstart.com -
Importing Favorites From A File In Internet Explorer
Posted By cynthia On January 7, 2014 @ 10:59 AM In Using The Internet | No Comments
Previously we showed you how to export your favorites in Internet Explorer  and how to reset Internet Explorer . In this article we look at how to restore them to the browser once it’s been reset or how to import them to a new device.
1. To restore everything from the backup, click the “Favorites” button, click the arrow next to “Add to Favorites” and then choose “Import and Export” from the menu to open the Import/Export Settings window.
2. Click the “Import from a file” radio button and then click “Next.”
3. Check the “Favorites” box if you want to import only your favorites. If you exported your feeds and cookies and want to import them as well, check the “Feeds” and “Cookies” boxes. Click “Next.”
4. Click the “Browse” button, use the file browser to select the backup you created earlier, and then click the “Open” button. Click “Next.”
5. Select the root folder – usually labeled “Favorites” – and then click the “Next” button.
6. Click the “Browse” button, select the OPML file from the folder where you saved the favorites, click “Next” and select the root folder – usually labeled “Feeds.” Click “Next” and then repeat the process to select the TXT file that contains the cookies.
7. Click the “Import” button to import your favorites, feeds and cookies. The import is complete when the “Favorites,” “Feeds” and “Cookies” options are checked. Click “Finish” to close the Import/Export Settings window.
Article printed from Worldstart's Tech Tips And Computer Help: http://www.worldstart.com
URL to article: http://www.worldstart.com/importing-favorites-from-a-file-in-internet-explorer/
URLs in this post:
 export your favorites in Internet Explorer: http://www.worldstart.com/?p=55947
 reset Internet Explorer: http://www.worldstart.com/?p=55956