In The News 01-08-15

Thursday, January 7th, 2016 by | Filed Under: In The News

Apple Accused Of Breaking iPhone 4s

Did Apple carelessly ruin millions of iPhone 4s units with the upgrade to iOS 9?  A $5 million class action lawsuit has been filed on behalf of iPhone 4S owners saying that the update significantly slowed down their phones, making them buggy and unusable despite claiming that the iOS 9 upgrade was compatible with the iPhone 4S.

iphone4scrop

Further, the suit says Apple does not warn customer that their updates are irreversible. The suit implies that Apple’s intention was to push users into buying new iPhones.

Amazon Doubles Device Sales

It was a happy holiday season for the folks at Amazon. The company doubled sales of its devices like the Kindle eReader and the Fire Tablet over last year.

amazon-fire-hdx

The Fire tablet was the companies best seller, followed by the Fire TV streaming device.  Also popular was the company’s smart home hub, Amazon Echo.

AT & T Ends Two-Year Plans

Starting today, AT & T is ending its standard 2-year plan where you paid off the cost of your phone and your monthly services over the course of a two-year plan.

From here on, customers will sign up for the Next program. This is more of lease. You pay a monthly fee to rent your phone and after you make a certain number payments, you can trade it in for a newer model.

This will mean no money down on phones with the Next plan, but you don’t end up owning the device. If you already have a contract in place, this won’t affect the terms of your current contract.

Tags: , , , , ,

27 Responses to “In The News 01-08-15”

1. Jim Anderson says:

I have had several issues with my 4S since the update and just assumed it was from lack of storage. I am constantly reminded to go to settings to manage my storage. My Inbox for Windows Live Mail always says that there are unopened emails but, when I check, they have all been opened. It worked fine before the update.

2. Tim Simmons says:

I think they did the same thing with the tablet. Went to IOS 9 and nothing but crashes. Went to the store 2 x’s and had to wait 2 hours to get to talk to some one.
    Still crashes about 3 times every hours. If fixed the problem. Went and bought a Samsung Galaxy!

3. Phani Gopal Achanta says:

How to follow the people who filed the class action as my wifi failed beyond repair when I upgraded and Apple store refused to change the phone.

4. Rocky says:

That’s why I will never have anything to do with apple. You own nothing

5. Steph says:

I had an Apple 4 and it would not upgrade at all. So, I was forced to buy a new phone! Curiously, I bought an iPad Mini in 2013 (summer) and it updates just fine. So this lawsuit regarding the Apple 4s, would it apply to those of us who had a 4?

6. Elaine Battista says:

Yes Yes Yes! I have had nothing but problems from day one with this phone. It is worse with every upgrade I do and the last upgrade I just did even though I didn’t want to but they kept harassing me daily to do it every time I used my phone. I think they should replace these phones with new ones just for all the headaches I’ve had and still have with it. It constantly buffers on me when I’m trying to read links. I end up deleting it and can’t read it. I would buy another phone if I could afford it but it wont be an apple.

7. Max says:

They seem to be the ultimate control freaks. If they didn’t make any money from any changes you made, they’ll spit the dummy and ruin your machine first chance they get (via “updates”) Good luck to the class action group!