In The News 06-10-2016

Thursday, June 9th, 2016 by | Filed Under: In The News

What Will The Next iPhone Look Like?

If the active iPhone rumor mill is to be believed, the iPhone could soon look similar to the Galaxy Edge an edgeless dual-curve display.

applecropped

The biggest change on the horizon, if you believe Ming-Chi Kuo, (who has a pretty good record with predicting this stuff), will be an all-glass body with an OLED display.

According to these same rumors, the big changes won’t be available for the iPhone 7, but will wait until 2017, the expected release date of the iPhone 8.

Windows Edge Not Catching On

Windows 10 seems to be catching on at a pretty good clip. As the deadline for the free upgrade nears, around 25% of Windows PC  users have already switched to Windows 10.

edgelogo

The Edge browser doesn’t seem to be catching on, though. In fact, web traffic from Edge has actually dropped even as Windows 10 usage has risen.  Only about 25% of those who’ve upgraded to 10 are using the Edge browser. That’s kind of a shame. It’s fast, it’s sleek, and I like it.

But it does have trouble with some sites. I spent twenty minutes trying to figure out why my Avon order wouldn’t process last weekend before switching to Internet Explorer and having it process instantly.

Intel Introduces 10-Core Processor

Remember 10 years ago when dual-core was a big thing? Intel now has a 10-core processor for home users.

new-intel-10-core

It’s called the Intel Core i&-69050X Extreme. According to the company, it’s not just designed for multi-tasking, but for mega-tasking.  Right now it’s targeted at gamers, but Intel says they expect it to be a valuable tool for those who shoot and edit video.

It won’t come cheap. The processor alone will cost close to $2000.

Tags: , , , , , , , , ,

44 Responses to “In The News 06-10-2016”

1. Daniel says:

Still prefer windows 98se over any windows edition created since. Have problems with the program, just pop in the CD and reinstall the program. All personal materials were saved and present once the install was complete, and the problems were gone. As for Edge, I haven’t been able to do anything with that browser. Maybe I just need to forget about speed and let Edge take five minutes to do each and every step. No thank you. I stick with Mozilla Firefox, though it is still not as good as some of the older browsers that have been terminated.

2. Peter says:

I am not a fan of Edge. I tried using it to watch Netflix and other video streaming sites because I read somewhere that videos would be higher resolution (where avaiable), but now when ever I try to do this, I get a BSOD crash. Only in Edge however, Chrome, Firefox and IE have no problem.

3. Pete Bennett says:

I to have had trouble on a website using the new edge browser. On facebook when I connext to my games on Double Down Casino it will not connect and offers to re-connect, but won’t. I won’t use it till I can have that site work.

4. Jim Haley says:

I have tried several Password Managers and none of them will work with the Edge Browser. I have several sites I can’t get to with Windows 10. I have a Windows 7 machine that can sign into these sites with no problems. Both machines are set up with the same security systems.

5. Joan says:

I also intensely dislike the Edge browser. It is not compatible with most of the financial sites I visit; I get a message I’m not registered or incorrect password or incorrect user try again and again and again. After a few weeks or bypassing it to get IE-11 Norton pops up and asks if I’d like to block or disable the Edge browser as it’s unrecognizable or incompatible, not sure what the exact working was. But when I saw that “would you like us to block it” I said YES! YES! YES! It’s been smooth sailing ever since.

I also dislike how my Favorites were hidden and no Favorites bar.

6. Bob says:

It sucks, just like windows 10.

7. William Yankee says:

Edge browser is an OK browser. However, it’s handling of contact is WAY subpar. I tried the new browser for a while, but had so much trouble importing my contacts and getting them arranged, that I simply went back to IE.

8. Beverly says:

I do not like Edge at all. It is too vanilla. I had a hard importing my contacts, finally went with Chrome.

9. Bobby L Oakley says:

Edge gave me “unable to display selected site” on too many occasions. Had to go to chrome to get my job completed

10. Bert Mullis says:

I tried to use Edge for several days but the one thing that made me mad was my favorites. I brought them over from Google but they were in inverse order from Z to A. I can’t just hold the left mouse button on them and drag them around like it seems you should be able to. So I went back to Google.

By the way, your video on Windows 10 was very good. I have gone through it twice now. Thanks a lot.

11. Mac says:

Why can’t Microsoft leave well enough alone? If it ain’t broke don’t fix it. Edge is terrible. I can’t set Yahoo as my home page, for one thing. There is nothing wrong with IE. It works fine. MS is trying to force users to use only what MS wants us to use.

12. Peggy says:

Edge has stopped working.In order to close it I have to use the Task MGr
    I’ve had a tech work on it and it will be oK for a month if i’m luckily then it stops responding again . Cortana has stopped again too. Whole computed is slowing down. Microsoft wants you to use just Bing and Edge.
    I actually like the program or would if it would just stay working.

13. David A Novak says:

I am constantly kicked out of Google search I can’t get my favorites and when I try to use Cortana for help…. what a disappointment. I can do the research on my own as fast or faster.

14. Mary says:

Be very careful with Windows 10 Edge. Have had two serious breaches with Edge. Never had problems of this magnitude with any of other Windows operating systems going all the way back to DOS 3.3. Seriously expensive to fix the problems.

15. Bryan Reding says:

Since using Edge, I can no longer highlight something in a window or something from an email and preview the print. Before, in IE I could click on the gear, select print preview, and do any editing before printing. With Edge, it prints whatever it likes. Edge is terrible.

16. Kathy says:

Is it Edge that is problematic when using comcast email? There is a delay while keying / typing. The mouse is erratic and I haven’t been able to find a fix.

17. Karen says:

It is almost like IE… but the Edge has too many viruses. Never had any till I tried to use Edge. All three times I have had pop ups telling me I needed to do something or my computer would lock up. I immediately shut off my computer then ran my norton virus.
    Still do not like 10. My friends computer since upgrading to 10 from 7 has the curser jumping all over the place and windows will not stay on screen. Have looked and looked for a reason. Any ideas?????

18. Melissa Leath says:

(sigh) If you could address this in your newsletter, that would be great: While working, researching, filling out a form, or just surfing, Edge browser will close unexpectedly and the whole experience is gone. I have to re-open the browser and start all over again. Also, cannot finalize some applications, such as renewal with GoDaddy. Had to open Chrome to do it properly. And the Windows 10 update now has outdated my Lexmark copier and Microsoft LifeCam. Audio and some videos are not working at all or very badly. And DVDs are not recognized. (sigh)

19. Burn says:

Cutting Edge from my life. Too much NEW mystery as Links got stuffed elsewhere(just because they want to be the ODDBALL)…well they succeeded.
    Cortana is a useless titilating experience.I have swore at it more than need to.
    Google Chrome has also been a hassle. Instantly it wants me to scan my computer.
    Now when things are underlined in red there is no suggested correction on the spelling, just a black empty box appears with near black writing in it.
    Sticking with Mozilla
    Or Opera(even THAT was easier to figure out in the beginning)