In my last article I showed you how to synchronize your personal Google calendar and your work Outlook calendar. This article will show you how to bring the synchronized calendars onto your iPhone.
Unfortunately, just as I sat down to write this article, I noticed that my Google calendar, which had been set up as a Google account in the Mail, Contacts, and Calendar settings, stopped importing. I suspect it had to do with my recent upgrade to iOS 5. However, blessings often come in frustrating surprises and I am happy to say that not only was I able to fix the problem, I also learned additional ways to complete the process.
Follow the steps below to bring your Google and Outlook calendars onto your iPhone in one process.
1. On your phone, go to Settings.
2. Choose Mail, Contacts, Calendars.
3. Scroll to Add Account.
4. Choose Microsoft Exchange.
5. Enter your e-mail, username, and password. You can skip the Domain and Description fields. The Description will automatically populate with your e-mail address.
6. Touch Next. The system will verify the information.
7. Enter the server information. For Google, enter m.google.com and again skip the Domain and Description fields. Again the system will verify your account.
8. Now you will be able to choose what you want to bring over from this account. Choose Mail, Contacts, and/or Calendars. I’m assuming you want the calendar since that is what this article is about, so make sure to set it to On.
That’s it! The calendar events from both your Outlook and Gmail accounts will be displayed together on your on your phone’s calendar. Now you have no excuses for being late!
~Karen Powers Liebhaber