Issues with Vista SP1
As you know, the Service Pack 1 (SP1) for Windows Vista is an important update for the Vista operating system. The Vista SP1 includes improved security, reliability and other feature updates for Windows Vista. However, while most programs will continue to work as expected after you install the SP1, you may experience a loss of functionality with a few others.
Here’s a basic list of some of those programs:
- BitDefender AV or Internet Security version 10
- Fujitsu Shock Sensor 18.104.22.168
- Jiangmin KV Antivirus version 10 and 2008
- Trend Micro Internet Security 2008
- Zone Alarm Security Suite 7.1
- Iron Speed Designer 5.0.1
- Xheo Licensing 3.1
- Free Allegiance 2.1
- NYT Reader version 1
- Rising Personal Firewall 2007
- Novell ZCM Agent 10.01
Now, that is just a list of some of the programs that have been reported of having issues with the Vista SP1. It doesn’t mean they won’t work for you or be fixed in the future. I know this is a little disappointing, but at least you now have an idea of what to expect if you try to use any of the programs listed above. I just wanted to give you a heads up on the whole situation. I hope it helps!
~ Ramachandran Kumaraswami