After inserting the batteries, make sure that the negative (-) sign on the top of the black battery holder is UP.
Here are more descriptive directions:
BATTERY REPLACEMENT FOR
9 LED 31/2 ” METAL FLASHLIGHT
1. Unthread the on/off button on the end of the flashlight.
2. Take out the battery holder.
3. Remove any old batteries.
4. Insert the 3 “AAA” batteries into the holders with the
negative (-) terminal of the battery facing the springs.
5. Insert the battery holder into the flashlight with the arrow
(marked on the body of the holder) pointing towards the
front of the flashlight.
6. Thread the on/off button onto the flashlight carefully (so as not
to cross-thread the button) pointing towards the front of the flashlight.
Tags: Red 9 LED FLashlight