Please refer to the pictures below for reference.
1) Place 2 AAA size batteries in the headset and the base unit.
2) Connect the base unit using either the TV (RCA) red connector to the red RCA connector on your TV/sound source orthe 3.5MM connector to the sound source you want to hear over the headphones.
3) Turn the dial on the headset. You should hear a slight click sound when it turns on.
4) Rotate the dial on the headset till you reach the desired volume level.
5) Press and hold the reset button on the headset for 5 seconds. Release the reset button.
6) Press the scan button once on the headset. If you do not hear the sound source on the headphones (you hear static or FM radio reception) press the scan button again. Continuing doing this until you hear the sound source over the headphones.
7) When you are done using the headphones switch both the base station off and rotate the headphone dial till you hear it click and sound turns off. This will conserve battery life.
Question: I have two plugs on the back of my TV one is yellow one is white which do I plug the base station into?
Answer: Plug the red TV/RCA connector on the base station into the white connector.
Question: My batteries died and I only used it once, what is wrong?
Answer: Ensure you are turning off the headphones and base station when you are done listening to them. Also ensure you are using high quality alkaline batteries.