looking for freeware

Keep your PC clean with Microsoft Security Essentials

Tuesday, September 6th, 2011 by | Filed Under: Free Downloads, Security Help

Most people are pretty carefree when it comes to buying security programs like anti-virus or firewalls. It’s not until something drastic happens that we realize the value of these little utilities. Though a large number of users rely on the inbuilt options in windows, the general consensus is that they leave a lot to be desired and cannot be trusted completely.

Well, Not anymore. Ever since Microsoft released Microsoft Security essentials, that scenario has changed. This wonderful freebie not only protects you against viruses, spyware and Malware, it works quietly in the background and  doesn’t slow down your system at all, unlike most of the other popular anti-virus programs.

Microsoft Security Essential 2

Microsoft Security Essential 2

The security suite is integrated into the operating system and as a result it’s able to function in the background without hogging system resources and hindering any work that’s going on in the foreground. As per various tests conducted online, it’s able to detect and remove 99% of all  threats in various virus and spyware forms. This performance is not only impressive but a huge upgrade over what Microsoft had to offer previously.

No need to buy expensive anti virus software or spyware solutions anymore. Just go and download the Microsoft security essentials here and keep your PC threat free.

~Yogesh Bakshi

Tags:

16 Responses to “Keep your PC clean with Microsoft Security Essentials”

1. Tom McGonegal says:

Couldn’t agree more Yogesh. Thanks a lot.

Tom

2. Shirley says:

I have used Microsoft security essentials for a long time now. I wouldn’t have anything else. I have used other programs in the past and will not go back to any of then.

3. Steve Shadle says:

I still use Windows XP on an old machine. Will Microsoft Security Essentials work with Windows XP?

4. Joycie says:

I certainly hope it works on XP. I had no trouble installing it. And ran a scan.

5. AVIRAL ASAIYA says:

Yeah it works.

6. Dwas says:

I have used ME on 5 computers..from XP..VISTA..Windows 7..hot not had one problem..works perfectly..on all systems..

7. Marvin Goldstein says:

I have been using Microsoft Security Essential for almost two years and it is not the Do-ALL program many people tout —

Comodo (Firewall) and Malwarebytes does a damn better job !!!

MSE is good, FREE, but, so are Comodo and Malware —

MSE failed to update on many occasions (automatically)or manually; when it doesn’t update it may be caused by another reason; not necessarily a virus or Trojan …

I cannot tell you it is or is not 99+.10% reliable, but, there is no harm with it working in the background …

Respectfully,
    Marvin Goldstein

8. Marvin Goldstein says:

… sorry! I forgot to add my system is Windows XP !!!
    Marvin Goldstein

9. Al says:

Good morning,

Awhile ago I bought and installed Panda per your recommendation.
    Now you are telling me that I don’t need it and should use MS Essentials.
    Their install requires that I remove all other anti-virus and anti-spyware programs. Please explain.
    Thanks,
    Al

10. Dave says:

If I download, will it clash with commercial anti-virus such as Kapersky, Norton, AVG or McAfee?

• Binky says:

Probably, it’s a general consensus that it’s one antivirus on a computer. Download the one you want, disconnect from internet, then uninstall old antivirus, install new one, reconnect to internet. All should be good.

11. Haydee says:

Works great,never have any problem.I have XP Windows and is great.I been use it for 3 years and I really like it.You can try it works!

12. micah goo says:

What about window’s defender that is loaded on my computer. Will that affect MS Security essentials

Thanks

Micah Goo

13. Carole Loskot says:

I was advised to use Microsoft Security by the last guy who worked on my computer, as I had trouble with someone hacking into my computer. So MS really doesn’t help: it rarely runs as scheduled, I know I have viruses but nothing is ever removed, I turn my computer and the MS icon can be green or red, my computer freezes up constantly, etc, etc. I just bought a laptop and also bought Norton 360 with it.

14. RegentRoy says:

My OS is “Windows Vista Ultimate” and Microsoft Security Essentials
    works great with it.
    I’ve not had any problems.

15. http://vertexsecurity.com/ www.vertexsecurity.com says:

UX on ebooks from is the same as in the databases, they are moving to epub when publishers allow, compatible with iOS & Android.