“Locks of Love is a non-profit organization that provides hairpieces to financially disadvantaged children under age 18 suffering from long-term medical hair loss.” How can you help? Well by donating hair, of course!
Here are the Donation Guidelines:
1. 10″ minimum hair length (tip to tip), not wigs, falls, or synthetic hair
2. Please bundle hair in ponytail or braid
3. Hair needs to be clean, dry, placed in a plastic bag, then padded envelope
4. We need hair from men and women, young and old, all colors and races
5. Hair may be colored or permed, but not bleached or chemically damaged (if unsure, ask your stylist)
6. Hair swept off the floor is not usable
7.Hair cut years ago is usable if it has been stored in a ponytail
8.Hair that is short, gray, or unsuitable for children will be separated from the ponytails and sold at fair market value to offset the cost of manufacturing
9.You may pull curly hair straight to measure the minimum 10″ The majority of all hair donated comes from children who wish to help other children
10. Layered hair may be divided into multiple ponytails for donation
If you meet the guidelines and were to decide to donate your hair you must then fill out the donation form at the bottom of the donation page. Click on donation form to open it up.
Do you know a child who has medical hair loss? If so you can request a hair piece at this site in the Request a Hairpiece section. You’ll have to fill out the submission form, print out and mail to the address provided.
You can also check out their make a donation section and their volunteer section should you want to help and don’t have enough hair or like me, have hair that has been bleached and damaged by chemicals. This is an excellent site helping children.
For some fun you can check out the link on the side of the page that will take you to Matrix’s try a style, where you can either upload your photo or choose one of the face shapes provided and tryon different hairstyles.
WorldStart's Tech Tips Newsletter