Making Windows 7 Easier To Read

Saturday, March 23rd, 2013 by | Filed Under: Desktop Enhancement

If you’re finding it difficult to read things on your computer because they look too darn small on your screen, there’s a quick way to make things easier to see in Windows 7.  Open the Start Menu in the lower left and select Control Panel.

Then choose Appearance and Personalization.

Select the option to Make text and other items smaller or larger.

You’ll have the option to decide how much larger you’d like to make things. Making text larger can affect the display of some items. You might have difficulty getting everything to fit on a page.

You can choose from the presets of 125% or 150%.  This is how text would appear at the default setting of 100%.

This is the size the text  would appear if you changed the setting to 150%

You also have the option of selecting a custom size for text. You’ll find that to the far left of your screen.

You can select a size from the drop-down menu or drag your mouse along the ruler.

You will need to shut all of your programs and log off Windows for the changes to take effect.

Hope this makes things a little easier on the eyes. If you find you don’t like the larger display, just follow the steps again and change the setting back to 100%.

Tags: ,

8 Responses to “Making Windows 7 Easier To Read”

1. Barbara Pickett says:

any way to do this in Vista?

2. Marie Horbach says:

Great tip Thank you

3. bperr says:

Great tip. I did this one year ago and the difference is wonderful. Now I took this one step further and where the 150 is, i changed the number to 175. Even better!!!

4. J.E.S. says:

Very helpful. Did not know how I was straining my eyes at times. Good to know.

5. Norine Peardon says:

This is a great tip but I would add there is another way. Using your CTL Key and the + key simultaneously will also enlarge browser print.

6. M. M. King says:

At last, I can enloarge the print in Windows 7; however, one more question, how do I darken the font. I also have another problem with the background as it is bright white. When I went to personalize and tried to soften the color, it just colored my taskbar and browser bar. Please tell me what I am doing wrong.

7. Pat Keegan says:

What a great accident that happened when I fell upon your site. Computers are intimidating to me so each day I find a gem in your news letter. Thanks so much