How would you like a free, guided utility that allows you partition your hard drive, copy a drive and run surface tests all through an easy-to-use interface? Partion Wizard Home Edition from MiniTool is a utility that does just that.
MiniTool Partition Wizard software allows you to:
- Safely split one partition into two.
- Align all partitions or align a specified partition to optimize hard drive performance.
- Resize/Move Partition: Easily resize/move partition without data loss.
- Create, Format, Delete Partition.
- Convert Partition format from FAT to NTFS.
- Hide and Unhide Partitions, set active partition, label drive letter.
- Merge Partition.
- Partition Copy: Copy entire partition to unallocated space with high performance file-by-file moving technology.
- Back up or move data without any data loss.
- Partition Recovery: Scan disk to restore deleted or damaged partitions.
- Hard Disk Copy: Copy an entire disk to a different disk quickly and easily with data clone technology.
- Back up disk data without data loss.
- Disk Surface Test to detect and report potential damaged disks.
- and so much more!
Downloading the software is as simple as clicking here  to go to MiniTool’s website. Click Download now. This software is compeletly free, though they do have a spot where you can donate money if you want to show your support.
Installing is as simple as running the setup program and clicking next a few times. Once installed, an icon will appear on your desktop, double-click to open MiniTool Partition Wizard Home Edition.
The interface shows your hard drives with the individual partitions on the right and a list of functions you can perform on the left. Below the hard drive list is a detailed breakdown of the hard drives’ partition information and the used/unused space.
The wizards on the left side of the interface can guide you though copying a partition, copying the entire disk, recovering a lost partition and even data recovery. The copy partition and copy entire disk wizards are especially useful if you want to make an exact copy of your hard drive to an external hard drive of the same size or bigger. This is the cheapest and most effective backup solution. If the internal drive ever fails, you’ve got an exact duplicate of the entire drive on your external hard drive.
The disk surface scan function is useful to detect physical errors on the disk surface. It can be found by clicking on a hard drive then clicking the Surface Test option under operations on the left-hand side menu. If many physical errors are found, it’s a good idea to consider replacing the drive.
So should you download this utility? I think the combination of a ton of functionality, easy to user interface and price (who can beat free?) make it a definite download. Be careful though, you never want to delete or deactivate a partition unless you’re 100% sure you are willing to lose the information it contains.
You can read more about MiniTool Partition Manager and download it by clicking here .