- Worldstart's Tech Tips And Computer Help - http://www.worldstart.com -
Moving from Eudora to MS Live or Act 2013
Posted By Cory Buford On April 4, 2013 @ 9:00 AM In E-Mail Help | Comments Disabled
Eugene from United States writes:
I have been using Eudora Email for almost 20 years. It is no longer supported. I want to transfer my email address with assorted data to either MS LIVE OR ACT 2013. How can I do it if it is possible? I don’t want to loose all the work I have put into Eudora all these years.
There are many methods by which you can convert from Eudora to Outlook. But some of them are pretty complex. Read over the directions to make sure you feel absolutely comfortable in carrying out the conversion process.
To avoid this problem, one of the best solutions is to import data from Eudora to Thunderbird and then transfer it to Outlook. This conversion process is easily done in one step. Another benefit is that the conversion utilities will import both email and address book which will save you time.
Another method is to import mail files from Eudora 188.8.131.52 to Outlook 2010. Follow these steps:
1. Launch outlook.
2. Close all the folders.
3. Select File => Import and Export
4. Select Import Internet Mail and Addresses
5. Click Next
6. Select Eudora (Pro and Light)
7. Check the data you wish to import – Import Address Book and / or Import Mail and click Next
8. Click Finish
All the files must be made available in the path : C:\Program Files\Qualcomm\Eudora folder
There is another easy process to convert Eudora to Windows Live Mail and you can easily access all the Eudora emails in Windows Live Mail. Active App Technology is used to convert Eudora to MBX to EML files that are used with Windows Live Mail. This software converts all the components from the MBX file, including all attributes viz., To, CC, BCC, From, Sent and Received date, Attachments and email format.
System requirements include Win2000, Win7 x 32, Win7 x 64, Win98, WinVista, Win Vista x64 and Win XP.
There is an excellent software titled “Softspire Eudora Converter” and this converts Eudora to Outlook, Outlook Express and Windows Live Mail.This software must be purchased online and offers plenty of easy and convenient processes for conversion.
You could also import mailboxes and address books through Netscape Messenger. Follow the steps listed below:
1. Click File => Import: Select the accounts you wish to import and click OK.
2. To import address book entries, check the Import Address Book from LDIF file box. (LDIF means LDAP Data Interchange format)
3. The address book must first be saved in LDIF format. To save address book in LDIF format :
(a) Launch Netscape Communicator
(b) From Communicator menu, choose Address Book.
(c) From the File menu in Netscape Communicator, choose Save.
(d) Name the file with extension .ldif and save it on computer.
(e) In Eudora Import Settings Window, click Browse and identify the path of the address book where it is saved.
(f) Once conversion process is completed, the success window appears and this means all the settings you have imported are carried out successfully and also your mail is migrated.
While you can choose any of these methods. method. You must ensure that conversion was successful and that you have access to your address book and emails.
How to configure Eudora in ACT
In order to use Eudora e-mail with ACT, you must use Eudora Pro versions 5.2
Steps to be followed:
1. Click Tools menu, and then click Preferences. [Note: If you wish to use Microsoft Outlook with Eudora you must choose to use the ACT email program while configuring outlook.)
2. Under the E-mail tab, click the Email System Setup button. This will bring up the Email Setup Wizard.
3. Click Next at the Welcome to the E-mail setup Wizard.
4. The E-mail systems dialog box should open.
Since some of these methods are quite complicated, makes sure you read the directions carefully and consider which way will work best for your situation.
Article printed from Worldstart's Tech Tips And Computer Help: http://www.worldstart.com
URL to article: http://www.worldstart.com/moving-from-eudora-to-ms-live-or-act-2013/
URLs in this post:
 Image: http://imgsrv.worldstart.net/images/ct-images/2013/03/Xobni_Outlook2010.png
 Image: http://imgsrv.worldstart.net/images/ct-images/2013/03/Image_Eudora2.png
 Image: http://imgsrv.worldstart.net/images/ct-images/2013/03/SoftSpire-Eudora-Convert.png
 Image: http://imgsrv.worldstart.net/images/ct-images/2013/03/addressbook.png
 Image: http://imgsrv.worldstart.net/images/ct-images/2013/03/serv3.png
 Image: http://imgsrv.worldstart.net/images/ct-images/2013/03/19174_2.png
 Image: http://imgsrv.worldstart.net/images/ct-images/2013/03/19174_1.png