Multiply Many At Once
When you’re working in MS Excel, do you ever have the need to multiply, add, subtract or divide several cells by the same value?
If so, please tell me you didn’t go through and make all of those changes individually!
Well, I hope not, because that can be very time consuming and Excel offers a much more efficient method that is available right within the Paste Special function.
- To add, subtract, multiply or divide many cells by the same value, you must first enter that value into an empty cell.
- Then copy the cell.
- The next step is highlighting the cells you’re going to change.
- Now, you need the Paste Special function. (In Excel 2007, you can get there from the down arrow on the Paste button located on the Home ribbon. In all other versions of Excel, you’ll find it under the Edit menu).
- Once you’re in the Paste Special dialogue window, you’re looking for the Operation section.
- Select the correct operation and click OK.
Voila. Everything is altered all at once with just a few clicks!