There are a lot of free apps out there to download for your Android phone, but not all of them are great. Here are five free apps that I count on and think you might enjoy as well. they are available in the Google Play Store.
1. Microsoft Word: The mobile version of Microsoft’s stalwart word processing program works well on phones and tablets. It can open and edit not only Word documents created on your PC version of Word but also many other different kinds of documents.
You can edit, read, and create word documents that look the same on your phone as they do on your PC. If you have a wireless printer, you can also print those documents. With OneDrive cloud storage you can easily sync across multiple devices.
2. Snapseed: This photo editing program offers you the kind of features you expect from programs like Photoshop. From simple corrections to artistic effects, Snapseed offers a full range of photographic effects.
I’ve used this app to edit photos and then sent them off to be printed for framing and they looked fantastic. It’s very touch friendly and I think you’ll be surprised at all it can do.
3. Avast Mobile Security: All devices can be vulnerable to malware and Avast can help protect yours. The app also can also help clean junk off your phone and check the security of your WiFi.
4. Facebook Messenger: Even if you don’t use social media sites like Facebook, you can still get a lot out of Messenger. With the app, you can send messages, photos, and attachments instantly to anyone with the messenger app. You can also make voice and video calls absolutely free to anyone in the world with the Messenger app. You can even play games with friends.
5. OverDrive: This app works with many library systems in the U.S. With it you can borrow eBooks, watch movies, read magazines, and listen to music. All absolutely free with your library card. It’s one the best deals out there. It can also be used on your PC.
Give one or all of these apps a try this year.