My Windows 10 Beefs

Tuesday, August 30th, 2016 by | Filed Under: Windows 10

Trish is having a few problems with Windows 10: “Upgraded involuntarily – computer died, new one had Win 10.  Don’t like it at all.  Very confusing where things are and where is Programs & Devices & Printers.  Mostly have problems with everything but work it out somehow.  Losing my Yahoo tool bar was the worst to face.  Especially don’t like touch pad on new PC, has no right & left clickers.  Can’t cope, very frustrated over all.”

Trish, I can’t help you with the touch  pad, since that’s just the style that’s built into your PC. But have you thought about getting a Bluetooth mouse, maybe a small wedge one, to use for when you need to click?

But I think I can help with the rest of your problems in about three minutes flat. Let’s rock.

It’s pretty easy to find programs. You can choose App Apps in the start menu or browse the Start Menu for programs.

all-apps

You can also type the name of the program you want in the search box and click on the results.

search-internet-explorer

To find devices, just tap the Settings icon in your Start Menu.

settings-windows-photo-app

Then choose Devices.

windows-10-settings-devices

We can take care of that Yahoo toolbar in about a minute. You’ll want to open Internet Explorer and not the Edge browser. You can download Internet Explorer with a Yahoo Toolbar by clicking here.

Or you can get the Yahoo toolbar for Firefox browser by clicking here.

I hope this helps.

Tags: , , , ,

6 Responses to “My Windows 10 Beefs”

1. Jack Walsh says:

Thank you for so many tips. You make a small hill out of what seems to me to be a Win 10 mountain. Also, the Win 10 search , lower left next to start icon, is great and if users would familiarize themselves with it they’d probably be happier campers. Please keep ‘tipping’ us.

2. rodzilla says:

In my opinion, anyone who buys a new computer without first checking it out to make sure it has the features they expect (left and right click, though I suspect it is available there, somewhere, listed in the owner’s manual) deserves to have trouble with it. I upgraded soon after the Win 10 OS was released, and it took a while to get used to where everything was, but in a few days I had it completely figured out, as per my needs. Too many people whine about how hard it is to use. In this life, things change. We just need to get used to it.

3. Mark says:

I was wondering why I didn’t have my Documents, Music, Pictures, etc. on my Start Menu when I upgraded to windows 10. It took me a while but I figured out how to add them to my Start Menu.
    I clicked open on the Acton Center beside the clock and then clicked on All Settings, Personalization, Start and then on ‘Choose which folders appear on Start’. This gave me access to all my folders on my Start Menu again like I was used to in previous versions of Windows.
    If Trish sees this comment I hope she tries it and that it helps her feel a little more at home with Windows 10. I thought Windows 7 was the best until I got used to windows 10 and now there’s no looking back.
    My only gripe with Windows 10 was losing the games and you took care of that with your ‘Bring back windows 7 Games’ article. Keep up the good work Cynthia and everyone else at WorldStart.

4. Trish says:

Rodzilla, you shouldn’t make negative comments about something you know nothing about. Having said that I feel better. I did not go out and purchase the computer, I never saw it until it came out of the box. Being open minded re new digital improvements, I gave it a try. It was then I discovered the inconvenience of the touch pad not having a R & L clicker, but was smooth – needing to touch certain spots to gain certain menus & results was frustrating and painful for my deformed arthritic fingers. I solved the problem thru Cynthia’s suggestion of a trackball which works just fine and gives such relief to fingers & hand. I solved the other issues with Cynthia’s suggestions. Cynthia helps all by helping one, great going Cynthia. Thanks to Mark also. Boo to Rodzilla, Trish

5. Rose says:

Awwww Cynthia you Amanda and Sunny are tops in my books You folks have taught me much for that I am so grateful and keep up the good work.you are a 10 all the way.
    The first listen I learn years back was READ READ READ and listen
    technology we must progress not digress. Cheers .
    Steve should give you gals a BIG Raise.

6. Ron MVP says:

Oops, the editor treated part of my comment as a command. It shows:

“Use the key to display the Start menu and just start typing all or part of the name you are searching for, ie “Print” should find what you are looking for.”

What I said was: