Rao from Hyderabad, India asks:
I use Outlook. How can I protect it with a password?
In MS Outlook, all emails are stored in PST files. It is these files that you can password protect. Let’s see how this is done in MS Outlook 2007.
The steps are as follows:
1. Click the File menu in MS Outlook and then select the Data File Management option.
2. The Account Settings window is displayed. By default, all the PST files are displayed. Select the PST file you want to protect with a password and then click the Settings button.
3. The Personal Folders window is displayed. Click the Change Password button.
4. The Change Password window is displayed. In the fields, specify the password as shown in the image below, If this is the first time you are specifying a password to the PST, leave the Old Password field empty.
5. To save the password and automatically close the Change Password window, click the OK button.
6. To close the Personal Folders window, click the OK button.
7. To close the Account Settings window, click the Close button.
That’s it! The next time you access the mails stored in this PST, you will be prompted for a password.
If you are using Outlook Express, read the Keep Email Private in Outlook Express tip.