- Worldstart's Tech Tips Newsletter - http://www.worldstart.com -
Password Protect MS Outlook
Posted By Andrew On June 12, 2011 @ 9:46 PM In E-Mail Help,Security Help | Comments Disabled
Rao from Hyderabad, India asks:
I use Outlook. How can I protect it with a password?
In MS Outlook, all emails are stored in PST files. It is these files that you can password protect. Let’s see how this is done in MS Outlook 2007.
The steps are as follows:
1. Click the File menu in MS Outlook and then select the Data File Management option.
4. The Change Password window is displayed. In the fields, specify the password as shown in the image below, If this is the first time you are specifying a password to the PST, leave the Old Password field empty.
5. To save the password and automatically close the Change Password window, click the OK button.
6. To close the Personal Folders window, click the OK button.
7. To close the Account Settings window, click the Close button.
That’s it! The next time you access the mails stored in this PST, you will be prompted for a password.
If you are using Outlook Express, read the Keep Email Private in Outlook Express  tip.
Article printed from Worldstart's Tech Tips Newsletter: http://www.worldstart.com
URL to article: http://www.worldstart.com/password-protect-ms-outlook/
URLs in this post:
 Image: http://www.worldstart.com/password-protect-ms-outlook/sharma_olpw_1/
 Image: http://www.worldstart.com/password-protect-ms-outlook/sharma_olpw_2/
 Image: http://www.worldstart.com/password-protect-ms-outlook/sharma_olpw_3/
 Image: http://www.worldstart.com/password-protect-ms-outlook/sharma_olpw_4/
 Keep Email Private in Outlook Express: http://www.worldstart.com/keep-email-private-in-outlook-express/