PowerPoint Key Combinations
For all my keyboard enthusiasts I thought I’d include a short list of key combinations that are for MS PowerPoint.
Editing Shortcuts (In addition to the regular shortcuts for copy, paste, bold, Italics, etc…):
- Ctrl + Shift + D will make a duplicate of the current slide.
- Ctrl + M will insert a new slide, allowing you to select the slide layout.
- Ctrl + K will open the window to insert a hyperlink.
- Page Up will move you back one slide.
- Page Down will move you forward one slide.
Shortcuts While Running Your Slideshow:
- Enter, Shift or N will advance your slideshow one slide.
- Backspace or P will go back one slide in your slideshow.
- Esc will end your slideshow.
- B will display a black screen. (B again will return from the black screen.)
- W will display a white screen. (W again will return from the white screen.)
- A number then Enter will go to that slide number.
Well that’s quite a few—enough to learn for now.
(But—if you’re just dying to know more this very minute simply run a slideshow and press the F1 key. An entire list of keyboard shortcuts will pop up for your use.)