Quick Android Recommendation: Norton Clean

Wednesday, March 1st, 2017 by | Filed Under: Android, File & Disk Management, Quick Tips

I’ve got a quick app suggestion for your Android phone: Norton Clean. This free app, from the people who bring you Norton Security for your PC is fantastic for cleaning up junk files on Android smartphones. This isn’t to be confused Norton Security. Norton Security is not free. (But if you have a Norton subscription for your PC, you can useĀ  your phone as one of our protected devices and download the security app.)

norton-clean

Norton Clean does a daily clean-up of your device and removes any files that are taking up room, like deleted images and email. Before I installed Norton Clean, I was having pretty regular issues with my Android phone filling up with clutter. Since I started using Clean on a daily basis, I haven’t had it happen once. The app reminds you to clean up your phone on a daily basis.

You can find Norton Clean in the Google Play store.

Tags: , , ,

7 Responses to “Quick Android Recommendation: Norton Clean”

1. Betty Lou Stout says:

I would never use Norton. It is too controlling. I had a heck of a time uninstalling it a few years ago. Never again. Why did you choose this app to suggest? Randomly?

• cynthia says:

Actually, as I said in the article I have been using this app and like it very much. I use Norton on all my home computers and have for many years now. I’ve never had a virus or a piece of malware get through in all that time, so I’m pretty happy with their service.

2. Dirgster says:

Thank you for that great tip, Cynthia! I took your advice and just installed Norton Clean on my smartphone, which freed the phone of all kinds of junk files. – I use Norton Security on my two home computers and have been satisfied with Norton’s service for years. The program is dependable, offers practical and useful features, and has kept me safe all this time.
    Keep up the good work! It’s much appreciated!

3. Christian de Fauville says:

This app can’t be found anymore.
    It shows when we google it but can’t be found
    When we click on it.
    In Play Store it doesn’t ever shows up anymore.

4. Christian de Fauville says:

So I wonder how Dirgster managed to download it on March 2. ???

• Dirgster says:

To find the GOOGLE PLAY STORE, go to Settings > General tab > Application Manager. Look for Google Play Store, tap it, then activate it, if it isn’t.
      Now search for Play Store in your apps and search for Norton Clean. Hope that helps!

5. Dirgster says:

I downloaded the app on two Android phones, one Galaxy Note 3, the other an LG K10. On both phones, I went to the PLAY STORE app and searched for NORTON CLEAN in the search window. Just now, I opened the PLAY STORE again, and the app is still there. Play Store’s icon is pictured here, in case you didn’t recognize it: https://www.google.com/search?rlz=1C2CHBF_enUS732US733&biw=1015&bih=694&tbm=isch&sa=1&q=play+store+image&oq=play+store&gs_l=img.1.1.0i67k1l2j0l4j0i67k1j0l3.5538.6496.0.9054.16.7.0.0.0.0.135.681.5j2.7.0….0…1c.1.64.img..14.2.239…0i7i30k1.cJ-XMut3S4Q