Restore Last Tab

Friday, May 27th, 2011 by | Filed Under: Using The Internet

This has happened to me a lot more than I’d like to admit: I’d be browsing around with about a million tabs open, and for some reason I would decide that closing some of them would be a good idea.

Not so much.

As it turns out, I actually needed that last tab, but instead of cursing and throwing a fit of lament, I remembered this handy key combination.

Just click Ctrl+Shift+T and your last closed tab will open up!

This works in Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome and Internet Explorer! Give it a try next time you accidentally close a tab you needed!

~Andrew

Tags: , , , ,

10 Responses to “Restore Last Tab”

1. Donna Hicks says:

Thank you!!! It happens more than you would ever know!!!

2. Catherine Haenze says:

Yes, I’ve done that too. Sometimes looking through “history” helps, but sometimes not. I’ve been saving the tips I’ll think I’ll have cause to use. This goes in that folder since now that I know how, it’ll be MONTHS before I need it.
    Thanks

3. Corinne Larimore says:

What a great tip. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve lost a web page
    because I clicked on something and then I can’t even find it if I try
    using the last known websites I’ve visited as that list doesn’t go back
    that far.

Keep them coming!!! I absolutely love World Start as tips wise and
    buy items wise, neither of them can be beat. WS is the best on the
    Internet.

4. orangeknight69 says:

Very good, thanks.

5. Beki Chambers says:

Why didn’t I think of that! Thanks!

6. Mark says:

Good tip thanks.

7. [...] webpage with the arrow keys.For more mouse-free browser navigation suggestions, see the articles, Restore Last Tab and Go Back without a Back Button. Mouses? We don’t need no stinking mouses!~KevinTags: chrome, [...]

8. Larry says:

Good shortcut; if you know of any others, I’d love to have them. Thank you.

9. Georgia S. McDade says:

Excellent
    I have found tabs in the history too.

10. jada says:

Very good! Been reading and saving your tips for years!