- Worldstart's Tech Tips And Computer Help - http://www.worldstart.com -
Restore Show Desktop Icon
Posted By On October 13, 2009 @ 9:49 AM In Desktop Enhancement | No Comments
Are you missing your Show Desktop icon in your Quicklaunch bar? If so, you may need to use Notepad to create a new one! This works for all versions of Windows from 98, all the way up to Vista.
1. Open Notepad
– If you’re using Windows XP or below, copy and paste this text into Notepad:
– If you’re using Windows Vista copy and paste this text:
2. Save to your desktop with the name Show Desktop.scf
To do this, click File>Save As… >at ‘Save in’, choose Desktop > at ‘File name’, type in
Show Desktop.scf * > at ‘Save as type’, choose ‘All Files (*.*)’ > Save > close Notepad.
*Make sure that it is saved exactly like this including the capitals and white space between Show and Desktop!*
3. Drag your new Show Desktop icon back to the Quicklaunch, where it belongs!
Article printed from Worldstart's Tech Tips And Computer Help: http://www.worldstart.com
URL to article: http://www.worldstart.com/restore-show-desktop-icon/
Click here to print.