There are so many new smart home gadgets out there, it’s hard to keep track of them. To make sure you don’t overlook the many great options out there, I’ve put together a list. Yesterday we looked at 7 truly cool items to make life easier, today in part of the series, we’ve got y more.
8. iDevices Socket. If you want to make existing light bulbs “smart,” give iDevices Socket a try. It turns almost any regular bulb into a smart one.
9. LIFX. The LIFX bulbs contend with the Philips Hue. LIFX, however, works with a smart home hub without requiring an additional bridge, making it slightly easier to use than the Hue.
11. Petzi Treat Cam. This dispenser keeps treats under control while connecting you to your pet. You can dispense treats remotely, and you can also use the camera to speak to your pet or capture a glimpse of your furry friend throughout the day.
12. Philips Hue Lightstrip. Philips Hue bulbs may compete with LIFX, but the Philips lightstrip stands apart from competitors. You can install it almost anywhere to illuminate difficult-to-light areas.
13. Roost Smart Battery. This battery turns your existing smoke or carbon monoxide detector into a smart alarm. It sends notifications to your smartphone when the alarm goes off or if the battery runs low.
14. TPLink SmartPlug. TPLink allows you to remotely turn on or off any gadget connected to the SmartPlug. For example, if you get halfway through a commute and think you left the coffee pot on, you can check on your phone instead of turning around.
Of course, none of the above smart home gadgets cover the connected refrigerators, televisions, and robots either out now or coming this year. But now you have a better idea of all the amazing options available to you.
~ Alyse Ainsworth