- Worldstart's Tech Tips And Computer Help - http://www.worldstart.com -
Posted By On February 24, 2006 @ 2:56 PM In Free Downloads | No Comments
With the ever growing trend of digital music and pod casts being stored on personal PCs, it’s no surprise that often, these files aren’t always organized like they should be. It’s very easy to jam your hard drive to the rafters with digital audio, and why not, it’s great. I love having a huge collection of music and pod casts to listen to whenever I want.
The trick to having your cake and eating it too however, is to stay (or get) organized. This does not mean to simply organize your files into the same folder alone, but also by putting information on the labels or tag information. This information will not only help you locate them more quickly in your player, but also give you more information on the file. Good full information can even allow you to perform more in-depth searches of your audio files, allowing you to narrow your search by selecting a particular common attribute of the file you may be looking for.
Well, just like in the physical world, staying organized gives me a headache. Especially for such a tedious job as labeling all my MP3s, but if I don’t, my files will be a huge unidentifiable mess where I will never be able to find the files I want.
If you’re in the same boat as me and will not accept a sloppy audio database, then read on. You may be as blown away as I was with The GodFather audio file manager, which is this week’s download.
The GodFather could be the answer to your dilemma. This great little application can give you the tools to manage your audio files better than Don Corleone manages his family. With the GodFather, you’ll no longer have more strange file names with sporadic locations on your PC. You can encode/decode using a slew of the most popular formats such as .Ogg Vorbis and MP3. With the GodFather and its ID3v1 and ID3v2 support, you can even include information such as song lyrics, images and even associate Web addresses with the audio file.
I’m sure you’ll be impressed when you see the list of capabilities that the GodFather brings to the table.
Batch rename of files using Tag/Filename/Folder name/Audio file information:
-User defined formats using tag fields, file/folder name or tokens, mpeg bitrate/mode as variables.
- Powerful case conversion, including custom case and all the options you would ever want.
– Replacement matrix. (Remove unwanted characters or words or replace them. User defined matrix).
– Smart filters enable you to have only the files that are potentially wrong listed for renaming.
– Further refine your list to be processed by marking files to be skipped over or edit the end result yourself.
– Undo function.
Batch tag update:
-Supports both ID3v1 and ID3v2 up-to-date versions.
- Supports Ogg Vorbis comments.
– Supports APEv2 tags.
– Select specific fields to be updated.
– Use file/folder tokens, tag variables to create tag information.
– Filter files by the existence of tags or even by the existence of specific fields.
– Update either tag or all of them.
– Option to clear specific fields.
– Option to skip non-empty fields.
– Use the case options.
– Use of the replacement matrix.
– Update tags by copying/moving or auto synchronizing one to the other.
– Delete all tags or either one of them.
– Batch process of pictures/lyrics (export, delete or both).
– Complete control through the update process.
Manual / single file editor:
-All of the above options are laid out to selectively choose either one of them or all of them for renaming, tag update or both.
– Update or remove either of the tags.
– Full ID3 v2 support, including pictures, lyrics and more than 20 fields.
– Full Ogg Vorbis support, including all proposed fields plus any number of user defined ones.
– Full APEv2 support, including all proposed fields plus any number of user defined ones.
– File browser with detailed info of tags and mpeg or Ogg vorbis/mpc/ape information, sorting and so on.
– Intuitive interface, so potentially wrong fields/filenames are immediately found and presented.
- Easily create/merge play lists with preview support or simply find and listen to your favorite music.
– Encode/decode your files with LAME, Ogg Vorbis or mpcenc. (Trans code without losing tag information from one format to the other).
– Restructure the files on your hard disk (copy, move or even create shortcuts) in new user defined locations based on tag field information.
– Find duplicate files using smart and aggressive detection.
– Export files in delimited, fixed length format. Simple HTML or multiple pages using user defined templates.
– Import information from delimited files to rename and/or update your files. Customized mapping to columns.
Now, that’s a great audio file managing program, and as always, for FREE.
Well, that’s it for this week. See you next week with a new and exciting program for you to download. Until then, I hope you enjoy the download.
You can download the GodFather here: http://users.otenet.gr/~jtcliper/tgf/
~ Chad Stelnicki
Article printed from Worldstart's Tech Tips And Computer Help: http://www.worldstart.com
URL to article: http://www.worldstart.com/the-godfather/